Planning my next LV Purchase-Opinions?

kenzibray

Aug 28, 2012
Kentucky
I just made my first ever LV purchase last week. A DE Neverfull MM & matching Mini Pochette.

Let's just say it to make it official- I've caught the bug. :loveeyes:

I had originally planned on next saving up for a wallet to match. But the more I think about it, I think I'd rather just save a little extra and get another bag. Wallets can wait.

So I think I've decided on the classic Speedy. (98% sure) I'm open minded to other styles but every collection needs a speedy right? :speedy:

I'm thinking either 30 or 35 I'd have to try them on to be sure.

But now I can't decide on which canvas. I do love the DE especially on the Speedy B. But I want a bit of variety.

So it will probably be between DA and Mono. I do want to get a Mon Mono Neverfull next year with my new married initials, so maybe DA?

Is it difficult to maintain? I hadn't actually considered it until I saw it in person when I went to pick up my Neverfull. Honestly, as much as I love my Neverfull, I want one in all three prints!
Haha okay, I'm babbling now.

So anyway, from all of you more experienced LV owners, the question is- Damier Azur or Monogram Speedy (30 or 35)?

Share your opinions, experiences, and of course photos!

helene20

Feb 12, 2012
Canada
I received my 1st in Dec. and got hooked :smile:

The 2nd bag that I bought is the Speedy 35 Damier. Love that bag. I don't have to 'baby' it. We have a lot of snow and rain and the Damier is the way to go. The 35 fits my stuff and if I go somewhere for a w-end and I bring extra stuff it will fit in it. For me the 30 was too small.

Also I am buying accessories instead of wallet for the moment. Accessoires are fun and if I go just for couple errands I just bring the mini pochette which fits credit cards, cell phone, a lipstick. I find that LV wallets are expensive. Right now I am still using a leather Coach wallet which I got on sale.

Attachments

LoVeinLA

May 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Since you already have the DE, get a speedy monogram. I have a speedy 30 in azur and 35 in monogram, and I use the speedy bag a lot.

Jsully423

Jan 2, 2013
USA
Mono! As for size, try it on. DA is also nice. My friend has one and its patina is so even. Can't go wrong with speedy!

kenzibray

Aug 28, 2012
Kentucky
I do like the DE because it's so understated and classy. Dare I say it's my favorite? Maybe down the road, I will get a Speedy B in DE.

But for now, I think my budget is probably going to be under $1k. And I would like to have a variety in my collection.

I'm thinking 30 will probably work for me but I'd still have to try them to be sure. And that way I could get a matching acessory like a Mini Pochette to match. I have one in DE and I love it so much I want one in every color!

Right now, I'm kind of leaning towards the Azur. The Speedy and the Artsy are probably my two favorite bags in Azur. Plus since I have plans to get a Mon Mono Neverfull next year...

My only concern is color transfer & such on the Azur. How much do you have to baby it?

danigirl13

Jan 25, 2013
new york
my nf/gm wants some new friends do I'm thinking this weekend:
*zippy coin wallet
*pochett
(wanna find base shapers & purse organizers)

danigirl13

Jan 25, 2013
new york
Wondering if I could get the pochette hotstamped? my mom had her speedy circa '75 hotstamped on the actual canvas shorty after purchase at saks.

kenzibray

Aug 28, 2012
Kentucky
Wondering if I could get the pochette hotstamped? my mom had her speedy circa '75 hotstamped on the actual canvas shorty after purchase at saks.
I got my mini pochette done. I had to send it off though since my saks wouldn't do it. But there's an actual LV boutique ~3 hours from me. But I mailed it. I'm waiting to get it back but the SA that did it sent me a picture

Attachments