Workplace Planners/ Agendas non designer (Kate spade, Erin Condren, Filofax, kikki-k)

Had ECLP last year. Compared many and see myself going back to ECLP. The MAMBI Planner was a contender but don't like the binding system. PP was good but did not like the cover, prefer laminated cover, not just plastic on top. Limelife is neck and neck with ECLP, IMO, but can get out the door ECLP for $50 AND LL is $55. Etsy has a lot of planners. Tried The KIT but was too big.

Until last year, when I only juggled two different professional careers in 2 different countries across Europe, I had one of those no-name, flat, leather-bound, one month per page, accordion-style "calendars", just to note key appointments in shorthand.

Now that, aside from these two professional careers, I am a published author and have begun to show and sell regularly my oil paintings as well, which multiplied the number of appointments/data/to-do´s, I´ve switched to a Filofax Calypso in the "personal" size in classic red leather. It is a bit bulky (especially compared to my heretofore slim calendar), but still relatively light, very handy, and the right size to fit all my appointments/contact data/notes/lists/business and artistic cards (four different ones now), as well as foreign currency, colour sample cards, and assorted odds and ends. I love the different plastic inserts and extra pockets for that.

To me, Filofax offers the best quality, versatility and functionality at a very reasonable price.

Reactions: Amalthea Shaw
I have a Hobonichi Techo, I love it so much! This year I only have a fabric/pvc cover, but I might splurge and get one of the leather covers I can use for years to come next time.

For work, I use the Hobonichi Techo cousin. It helped me a lot to stay organized.
For personal things, I have a Hobonichi weeks + filofax pocket malden.

I love paper planners. I tried the digital route but it didn't work for me.

Anyone uses GTD? :smile:

Reactions: Amalthea Shaw
Anyone uses GTD? :smile:

I do!! The "Next Actions" concept and "if you think it, ink it" have revolutionised my life. :heart:

I modified it (dont need 43 folders or "ticklers" because they go in my phone or on the Month To View diary pages) and use it in my Kendal Personal which is my main diary/info/everything book that never leaves my desk at home, then I carry a croc-effect leather Personal-size from The London Organiser Company, that's got info I need for work & round town and notepaper for "brain dumps," also maps, because I'm not so keen on waving my phone round everywhere. It's really resilient and I feel like that finish is a classic, it gets a lot of admiring comments.

And I use a Finsbury black Slimline as a wallet, I've had LV, Aspinal and Gucci wallets in the past but this is working great right now, I keep credit cards in the 3-up Filofax brand card holders, and have a cheap transparent pencil case from Tesco punched as a coin-purse inside it, its part of this whole commitment I made to be more organised with money and less impulsive.

I really want the new Classic Crocodile Filofax are doing in that blue shade but last month I paid over £100 for a rose gold Wellesley Planner (not doing so well with the "less impulsive" thing that day!) and I haven't really used it yet, so... :-s

Absolutely LOVE paper planners, making inserts, thinking of new set-ups, it's a hobby in its own right! :heart:

I've thought about getting an LV but never made the leap, what I have works really well for me, and apart from the Wellesley all my planners have been gifts and have sentimental value.

Last edited:
I collect them! Its sick. I have at least ten Kikki-K ones, 2 FiloFax, 3 Louis Vuitton PMs, 2 kate spade. I want to sell at least two or three of my Kikki-K ones though.

I loooooove personalizing them. That's half the reason why I keep buying them. After I buy one, I go straight to Etsy to buy clips and inserts and go to town when they arrive ^__^

• Love
Reactions: MulberryHeaux
I collect them! Its sick. I have at least ten Kikki-K ones, 2 FiloFax, 3 Louis Vuitton PMs, 2 kate spade. I want to sell at least two or three of my Kikki-K ones though.

I loooooove personalizing them. That's half the reason why I keep buying them. After I buy one, I go straight to Etsy to buy clips and inserts and go to town when they arrive ^__^

I love Kikki K!!! I have two large planners that I stalked the internet for and I just want one more..The wellness planner

I have a nude Filofax Domino in personal and a Louis Vuitton PM agenda in monogram mat leather. Now if I could just get the wellness planner I would be at planner peace.

I love LV agendas. I use MM for work related things and GM for everything else. It really depends on type of inserts you choose. For MM I prefer LV, for GM minted sugar. As you see from photos attached below I love stickers - it my way to meditate when planning ahead. With GM I have more space to be creative, and sort of in between agenda and diary. I tried other planners as well, but never could to stick to planning. Considering the price tag on LV agendas my heart shatters in tiny peaces if I miss even one day. So, as long as it works for me that’s fine. And considering that my key holder and those two agendas are the only ones I use 24/7, the cost per wear is awesome.

C5735F26-5570-48C2-8D3A-98FD393CAF49.jpeg

772A827C-9E95-4562-B073-3D6BD845A69F.jpeg

9CF5F005-36C0-47B6-BCE2-BB9DD4D90881.jpeg

Last edited:
I love LV agendas. I use MM for work related things and GM for everything else. It really depends on type of inserts you choose. For MM I prefer LV, for GM minted sugar. As you see from photos attached below I love stickers - it my way to meditate when planning ahead. With GM I have more space to be creative, and sort of in between agenda and diary. I tried other planners as well, but never could to stick to planning. Considering the price tag on LV agendas my heart shatters in tiny peaces if I miss even one day. So, as long as it works for me that’s fine. And considering that my key holder and those two agendas are the only ones I use 24/7, the cost per wear is awesome.

View attachment 4790517

View attachment 4790518

View attachment 4790533
I was also using mm for work but it ended up being too heavy and ring in the middle got in the way.. I still love it though.

Reactions: cromagnon

I went crazy collecting Kikki K planners and now I have: five large Kikki K planners (ocean, wellness, events, sage with silver, lilac with gold), five medium Kikki K planners (ocean, wellness, lilac with gold, sage with silver, mint with gold and the joy Christmas planner), and a Louis Vuitton PM agenda in monogram mat leather.
I desperately wanted to buy a Louis Vuitton agenda in monogram mat in the MM size but I don't use my Louis Vuitton PM agenda. Not because of the size but because I absolutely adore my Kikki K planners so much more than the Louis Vuitton agendas. I think I just want it to complete my monogram mat collection (four ring key holder, Porte Tresor international wallet and the Louis Vuitton PM agenda). Actually as I'm typing this I'm thinking should I sell the PM agenda in monogram mat leather? I haven't used it in at least three years.