Planetes plum?

darcyt

Jan 16, 2010
Is it bright or more subdued? Is it a purple hue or is it more of a tint? It looks both ways on my monitor in the images I've seen.

cheidel

O.G.
Oct 2, 2009
The Big Easy
Is it bright or more subdued? Is it a purple hue or is it more of a tint? It looks both ways on my monitor in the images I've seen.
I just ordered the large long handle Planetes in plum yesterday. I hope it's a more subdued purple which is what it looks like to me in pics I have seen online. Since the Planetes line is being discontinued, I got it since it was on sale at a good price. I already have the Planetes tote in black. Will let you know when I receive it.

darcyt

Jan 16, 2010
Thanks so much! I have the black, too (love it). It's tougher to guess on the colors online.

rx4dsoul

chicken soup & bags!
Authenticator
Apr 7, 2011
A bit more reddish undertone than it looks here, but pretty close...

cheidel

O.G.
Oct 2, 2009
The Big Easy
Is this still available anywhere online? My googling is only turning up "not in stock"!
I received my large LH plum Planetes today, it was shipped on Friday. When I placed my order Thursday night the available colors were orange, turquoise and plum. Got it on sale for $129, reg. price $180 .

cwc3

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
I want a Planetes Plum so badly. Does anyone know where can I find it? I am kicking myself for miss the sale last week. :shucks::sad:

darcyt

Jan 16, 2010
I'm the OP who originally asked about the plum. I wound up ordering from Bagshop. They ship in padded envelopes, with no other protection. I was not very impressed by that. My medium bag was crammed into my mailbox with my other mail.

I wouldn't order from them again because I specifically asked them to pack it so it wouldn't get creased.

cheidel

O.G.
Oct 2, 2009
The Big Easy
I'm the OP who originally asked about the plum. I wound up ordering from Bagshop. They ship in padded envelopes, with no other protection. I was not very impressed by that. My medium bag was crammed into my mailbox with my other mail.

I wouldn't order from them again because I specifically asked them to pack it so it wouldn't get creased.
My bag was flat, wrapped in tissue paper inside a large plastic bag inside the large padded envelope. I have no complaints, it was fine. I happen to be outside when my package arrived, had I not been, it would have been placed in my mailbox by the carrier. The one I bought from Nordstrom was creased upon arrival in a large padded envelope by UPS the creases eventually disappear, so no complaints from that purchase.