Pittsburgh Ladies!

LV is the only store I didn't go into. I figured the SAs would ignore me or be rude to me because I wasn't "dressed the part". I agree about Tiffanys though, very nice. The girls at Nordstrom's (with some exception) are very nice too.

Oh, wow! This is so cool - I'm not originally from Pittsburgh, but lived there (Coraopolis/Robinson Twp.) for six years. Left in 1993. Both of my kids were born at Magee.

Currently living in KC, but have lived all over the country and even in Canada - Pittsburgh, hands down is my favorite place that I've ever lived! It's hard to explain Pittsburgh's charm to an outsider, and I'll always consider it "home". My kids and I are a still diehard "Stiller" fans!

Ross Park is the place to go shopping. I don't care for the sak's down town. They really don't have that great of a selection. Every store in Ross park thats worth going to is prettymuch in the same area. Once you walk in the mall from Nordy's, to the right is LV, and to the Left is Tiffany's. Right across is Juicy and MK, then Kate Spade, Burberry and BCBG are right next to those. I never thought stores like that would come here!

I liked Ross Park :smile: Too bad its about 45 mins from me..

So where abouts do you all live?

Oh oh and I havent been downtown for shopping or anything yet!

OH! Just thought about something. Is the Groove outlet worth a visit?

Grove City outlets (about 1 hr. north) are worth it if you like BCBG (they're outlet always has good sales) and Juicy (I have found terry sweat pants for $12, and velor jackets for $29). Coach is okay, and you can find some good deals, but I don't go there anymore. Sunglass hut also has some sunglasses. You can find some good ones for cheep on clearence.

The outlets in Washington (tanger outlets) about 1/2 hr. south. Are okay. I, personally don't like them. They have a huge coach, a nice CK (but now grove city has a Calvin). I don't really care for them, but a lot of people like them. I personally, don't get the appeal. I'd rather travel an extra 1/2 hr. to grove city.

^ I drove up there on the first weekend of them opening and literally drove in circles just to find that no spots were available! LOL So I wound up at Grove City. I still want to get to T.O. sometime.

^Sounds more exciting than what I'm doing..

So do you guys recommend shopping down town? Is the Saks any good?

I was kinda dissapointed that they didnt carry Prada and Miu Miu at nordies..although they had a lot of MJ's :heart:

Down town has really gone down-hill. I barely go there (maybe once or twice a year) for concerts. I've been to the sak's a couple times and IMO, they don't have that big of a selection. They do have Chanel <-- I remember for sure. Unless its changed. I haven't been there for a year or two.

Down town has really gone down-hill. I barely go there (maybe once or twice a year) for concerts. I've been to the sak's a couple times and IMO, they don't have that big of a selection. They do have Chanel <-- I remember for sure. Unless its changed. I haven't been there for a year or two.

I work downtown but rarely shop there....there's really only a Macy's and Saks as far as department stores go. And Brooks Brothers. The Saks does still have Chanel. I actually go to the Saks in the Cleveland area (Beechwood Place....) and it's much nicer.

Ross Park is certainly the high-end shopping destination, but I also love South Hills Village (which is closer to where I live). Not as many upscale stores (no Tiffany, no LV), but a nice place to shop.

Other than major malls, you might also enjoy shopping in Shadyside or Mt. Lebanon, both have some cute shops and cafes, coffeehouses, etc. Also, I believe Sewickley has some cute shops/dining destinations, but I've not been up that way in a while!

It's great to see so many 'Burgh gals on this board!

As for my Sunday, I did a little shopping (bought a new Ipod touch as my early b-day gift to myself!!) and then went to my parents' for dinner. I had already bought a new car this week, but I guess that just isn't enough!!! :P

Tonight will be nothing more than a bubble bath and a glass of wine......