Pique Fleuri Shawls

I really wanted it until I tried them, in several CWs - it looks very Laura Ashley circa 1971. A little too rustic and granola for me! But I know a lot of people adore this design.

I really wanted it until I tried them, in several CWs - it looks very Laura Ashley circa 1971. A little too rustic and granola for me! But I know a lot of people adore this design.
you know you are right--kind of Laura Ingalls Wilder meets Hermes. I saw that pic of Miroslava Dumas and it made her look like a russian nesting doll. So adorable. Not sure I can carry it off. Maybe in the right colorway it would look less rustic. It is hard --they often look so different in person and I rarely see the hot designs in stores. (rarely being in the stores to boot)

you know you are right--kind of Laura Ingalls Wilder meets Hermes. I saw that pic of Miroslava Dumas and it made her look like a russian nesting doll. So adorable. Not sure I can carry it off. Maybe in the right colorway it would look less rustic. It is hard --they often look so different in person and I rarely see the hot designs in stores. (rarely being in the stores to boot)

I tried several CWs. Alas, the design just didn't work for me. I think it's one of those that really needs to be tried on to tell.

may i ask what the colors are? i am not familiar with these

Pictures speak louder than words. I'm not sure of the color way names. But they drape in a really pretty way. Until recently I did not realize that I bought three in the same pattern.

I got the steel gray/khacki one first at a tpf meet in NYC. FashionistaO said I had to have this--who was I to argue? The second I got in my home store because the yellow-orange is such a happy color. The third I got at FSH to match the Thalassa Blue Kelly that I got at the same time.

The blurrier picture is closer to the colors IRL.

Attachments

• DSC_0959.jpg
    DSC_0959.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC_0956.jpg
    DSC_0956.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 328
Pictures speak louder than words. I'm not sure of the color way names. But they drape in a really pretty way. Until recently I did not realize that I bought three in the same pattern.

I got the steel gray/khacki one first at a tpf meet in NYC. FashionistaO said I had to have this--who was I to argue? The second I got in my home store because the yellow-orange is such a happy color. The third I got at FSH to match the Thalassa Blue Kelly that I got at the same time.

The blurrier picture is closer to the colors IRL.
thank you so much--absolutely stunning. I think I am drawn to the pattern because I like small intricate designs. It has different looks depending on how it folds: persian carpet/folkloric/provence lavender fields

I wasn't sure about the pique de fleuri design too at first but I love it now - I have a silk scarf in grey -which I like because it is so subtle and a shawl in orange/red/blue tones which I like because it so colourful and cheery and the bold colours and patterns seem to really work on the larger scale. Plus the shawl keeps you warm. The pattern is still available. But you have to decide whether you like it and I have discovered a lot depends on the colourway - some patterns I love in particular colourway other ones I don't. But have fun - go try one on and see what you think. I've attached some pictures for your reference.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 290
Here are the cws for this shawl. These pics don't do the shawls justice but will help if you need to track down a specific cw. I would go and try on the shawls if you can. I have cw12 (Canard/violet/framboise) and I love it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 39