Piping wear

I have noticed that on the pebble grain leather bags the color fades on the corners with very little use. I have seen it in my bags with pebbled leather corners as well as the tan leather "bumpers". My bags are not everyday bags because I switch them about every other day, so this is happening with very little use.

It's pebble leather from Dooney.com. I also purchased Kimberly in nylon & calf because I like this style. But wasn't planning to use them til Spring. Now I'm wondering how they will hold up. The time to return or exchange is most over.

I just got an ocean blue pebble grain Kimberly last week and have only worn it for a few days, and I'm also already seeing a tad of wear on the piping, on the bottom of one side. I don't know if this is "defective" or just the nature of the piping? I have another Dooney that's about 3 years old (one of the small shoppers, not sure of name) and it has no such issues. I'd hate to send this bag back, though. Any ideas?

I just got an ocean blue pebble grain Kimberly last week and have only worn it for a few days, and I'm also already seeing a tad of wear on the piping, on the bottom of one side. I don't know if this is "defective" or just the nature of the piping? I have another Dooney that's about 3 years old (one of the small shoppers, not sure of name) and it has no such issues. I'd hate to send this bag back, though. Any ideas?
If this was a new handbag, it should not have happen with normal wear in such a short time. Return the handbag.

Thanks. The original poster also said that hers was a Pebble Grain Kimberly. I wonder if it's something with that particular style? It seems to me the piping is made of the same material on all styles with piping, correct? So if I returned it for the same model would it likely just happen again? The size and style is perfect for me so I'm not even sure what I'd replace it with.

Thanks. The original poster also said that hers was a Pebble Grain Kimberly. I wonder if it's something with that particular style? It seems to me the piping is made of the same material on all styles with piping, correct? So if I returned it for the same model would it likely just happen again? The size and style is perfect for me so I'm not even sure what I'd replace it with.
I’m not sure about an issue with the Kimberly style—but you could try reviewing images on eBay to see if you can get a close up on the piping of that style that are for sale, to give you an idea of how they wear. It may help you to decide if you exchange for the same style or something different. Kc