Food Pinkberry Spell Has Been Cast...

For the clueless european among you, can someone tell me what pinkberry is? Is it a smoothie?

It is frozen yogurt, but it actually tastes like yogurt (sour ) not tasting like ice cream.

It's not good at all, don't eat there, yuck! :graucho::graucho::roflmfao: Okay okay, I'm lying, but seriously, don't go when I'm going so I don't have to wait on that huge line! :drool::P

I have only been to "Beach Berries" which I guess is a rip off of Pinkberry located in Huntington Beach. I first went on Sunday and already went back 2 days later. My favorite combo is with pineapples, strawberries, cornflakes and raspberries. Maybe this weekend I will go up to Long Beach to try out Pinkberry. I could eat that stuff daily.

I love that it tastes like YOGURT (the original anyway) and not ice cream like TCBY, etc. It tastes like something I remember from my past but I can't remember what. Who else makes frozen yogurt that tastes like *yogurt*?? I love it!

Oops, Cola, just read your post... I so agree!

I read this is San Francisco's version of Pinkberry:

http://www.yogurtbarsf.com/

I haven't tried it yet but the fourth of July special sounds yummy!

I was going to run up to Yogurt Bar but the Yelp reviews have been poor (well, when compared to PB). Apparently it isn't very tart, which is what makes PB's flavor so enticing.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/QdhkUbM_XfQ98Ylo7iMcHw

I've tried out Fraiche Yogurt in Palo Alto and Harmony Yogurt in San Carlos, which are both PB clones that have opened in the past couple of months with great reviews...between the two, I think Harmony is the closest to PB in flavor. It lacks all the kooky ingredients that PB has but I usually top mine with fruit and chocolate anyway! Fraiche Yogurt is cool in that they actually shave chocolate off a big chocolate bar into your yogurt cup...yummy!

So the influx of PB clones can only mean that more and more yummy yogurt options are available to us....that is, until Pinkberry finally wises up and opens a location up here!!

Its all the rage, 2 are opeining near me.

Sure hope it doesnt go by the way of Krispi Kreme donuts.

They had lines around the block for a couple of years and now they're gone.

Thanks for posting the yelp reviews. I've never tasted the original pinkberry but I will give them a try if I'm in the neighborhood and see how it is. Now my curiousity is peaked to try the real thing!

I think about pink berry at least 2 x a day...its addictive...its not sweet and so refreshing that as soon as you get one...a few hours later...you crave it again...

i really do think they added nicotine in that thing. there is no way i would ever be so addicted to something like frozen yogurt. its so good. i love the greentea and adding the mango and raspberry toppings. *sigh*