Pink vs White Ostrich Georgie

Alexa5

O.G.
Nov 2, 2011
I know there are threads out there about this bag.... but I am torn between these two colors. I think I am not completely sold on the regular pink bag because I am not sure I like the full on pink with the gold hardware. I don't necessarily want a white bag, but I do like the look of the ostrich with the pink detail. And I think the gold hardware works better on that bag.

By the way for those wondering about the size, I saw it in person today, and the small Georgie is quite roomie. Much more space than the Mini Preston or Riley. In fact, I was surprised by how much room was in there and questioning whether it is a tiny bit too big for me. It is structured though, so items won't be falling all over the place if I don't fill it up.

Thanks for any input from others on color choices!

I think both are gorgeous. I'm a bit biased because I bought the white ostrich-embossed yesterday, but I've owned white bags before and I've learned to just love them and enjoy them, despite how it can be tricky to keep them clean.....

That said, the pink is also beautiful. I actually really like it with the ghw. Have you thought about the cute orange color?

Yes, I saw your thread, which is part of the reason I am considering the white ostrich. I just like the color contrasts in it...and it catches my eye more than the pink one. But I don't dislike the pink one.....and I like the price better on that one :smile:

I like the gold/orange-y color, but I am not sure that I want a bag that color. I do like that color with the gold hardware more than I do the pink with the gold, though. I think I am going to have to keep looking at the pics on the website and just decide which one. Decisions, decisions!

I'm having the same problem. I think I really want a different color than any of those offered. I don't need another pink bag, I'm not sure I would use orange very much, and I'm afraid of white. I wish there was a blue, green or purple. I'm afraid they won't come out with any other colors though because they might get rid of all the current styles before the Fall line is released.

Decision made...went with the white ostrich/pink accents. Bought it from Macy's for 25% off/friends and family code! I think I decided the ostrich looked more unique, and had a little more cuteness that I like than the Madison "sophisticated" look of the pink with the gold hardware.

Decision made...went with the white ostrich/pink accents. Bought it from Macy's for 25% off/friends and family code! I think I decided the ostrich looked more unique, and had a little more cuteness that I like than the Madison "sophisticated" look of the pink with the gold hardware.
Whohoo!!! Nice decision!!! :smile: :smile: And of course, you need to do a reveal when you get it! :smile: Congrats!

I'm having the same problem. I think I really want a different color than any of those offered. I don't need another pink bag, I'm not sure I would use orange very much, and I'm afraid of white. I wish there was a blue, green or purple. I'm afraid they won't come out with any other colors though because they might get rid of all the current styles before the Fall line is released.
I hear you. At the rate Coach is turning over different styles of bags, I don't know if this style will be around in the fall, either. (That said, I want the Daily Bag to come out in fall colors. I bought the pale lemon and haven't used it yet, but I can't return it because it's such a pretty color - however, I do want a cool, all around/yearly bag color, too.)

I do love the mandarin orange. I think it's adorable but I know that like yellow, orange isn't for everyone (like you, I'm also a huge fan of blues and purples).

The Georgie comes in a pretty crosshatch/weave brown, too (larger size, I think)...not sure if you like that one...I think it's pretty......or I think it comes in a plain black leather, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks!

As for the colors/limited time, I was concerned about the same thing. I had looked at the Minetta a bit in the past, but didn't like the colors offered, and they never did come out with any others. I don't really want it now, but would have considered it if they would have expanded the selection.

I hear you. At the rate Coach is turning over different styles of bags, I don't know if this style will be around in the fall, either. (That said, I want the Daily Bag to come out in fall colors. I bought the pale lemon and haven't used it yet, but I can't return it because it's such a pretty color - however, I do want a cool, all around/yearly bag color, too.)

I do love the mandarin orange. I think it's adorable but I know that like yellow, orange isn't for everyone (like you, I'm also a huge fan of blues and purples).

The Georgie comes in a pretty crosshatch/weave brown, too (larger size, I think)...not sure if you like that one...I think it's pretty......or I think it comes in a plain black leather, too, if I'm not mistaken.
I only want the smaller one and I don't need another black bag. I think I'll wait, although this seems like the perfect size bag. Maybe if I see the orange IRL, I'll fall in love. The white ostrich seems the most versatile, and has that extra oomph.

The crosshatch textured Georgie is gorgeous... but the longer strap is only shoulder-length. The size would be great for me but the short strap is a deal-breaker. The small size is still pretty roomy, I agree!

The bag came today, and I have to say I am super happy I chose the white ostrich. It is such a fun bag, and it catches my eye so much more than the other Georgie colors. Very roomy, but structured enough and not too big that it is overwhelming. Plus it has a nice front pocket that is missing in a lot of Coach bags lately.

I didn't do any pics because we have seen a couple of reveals on it recently, and I don't have much to add that makes it look any different.

I love the white ostrich and could have gotten it with the Belk Charity Day sale at 25% off plus a 20% no exclusions that they let you stack. I think if it had feet I would have taken the plunge....such a great summer bag

The bag came today, and I have to say I am super happy I chose the white ostrich. It is such a fun bag, and it catches my eye so much more than the other Georgie colors. Very roomy, but structured enough and not too big that it is overwhelming. Plus it has a nice front pocket that is missing in a lot of Coach bags lately.

I didn't do any pics because we have seen a couple of reveals on it recently, and I don't have much to add that makes it look any different.

Hi Alexa. Now that you've had it for about a month, how is the white holding up?

I've been to Belk twice this week stalking that same bag and placed it on hold today. I normally don't buy white bags, but the pink trim on it is really appealing to me. It stands out from other white bags.