Pink problem!

Jul 30, 2008
Ok, so as a pink loving fiend, I have an issue. I only own one pinky, my 08 pale magenta step, my first baby, which got me addicted to bal! I am pondering rggh pt in sorbet, or the amethyst ggh hobo (I love me my hobos!).
However, although I'm a pink lover, I don't always reach for the pink bag. In my collection I have:
Mogano ggh hobo
Vert gazon ggh hobo
outremer rh city (tie for most used)
canard gsh pt (Tie for most used)
charbon ggh pt
jaune step
above mentioned pale mag step
pourpre gsh city
sang ggh city

(God, that seems like a lot when listed together lol)

So, do I add a pink bag? Or subtract the pale mag and replace with a new pink? Also, I want a pink I can wear forever, as I'm 25 now and plan to be wearing these through 40 and beyond! Which pink bag is most practical in the long run, won't look trendy, etc. My VG ggh hobo is one I can see wearing at 35, but would it be the same for amethyst ggh? AHHHH! TIA!

Amethyst may be a bit bright to transcend into your 40's IMO. I think that Sorbet is soft enough and bright enough to do the trick. It will also contrast with your Pale Magenta. Get it in RGGH and I think its the perfect combo! I'm not a pink bag person, but I think RGGH and Sorbet is a winning combo? What about BDR or Pivone? Those also seem like good contenders.

I love BDR, but I'd ruin it. Pivoine isn't quite doing it for me. I love the sorbet though. The other option is not adding any more pinks and being happy with what I have since I don't reach for it first? EEK! lol

I wish I wasn't so drawn to amethyst!

Pretty much any Balenciaga bag you love can be worn no matter your age. It's been a decade and we all still love these bags.

Get it...and don't worry the color is not too much like Pale Magenta, it's more purple and PM is more pink. I have the exact color/style bag ('08 Amethyst Gold Giant Hobo) myself and it's like a cactus flower that's just so pretty, see attached ;o)

Attachments

• 100_0797.jpg
    100_0797.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 88
sorbet would be good.....
by the way, the amethyst GGH I find very versatile and I am 40-ish. I noticed here in Asia, the more mature one gets, the pop colors seem to be the go-to summer colors to complement our more subdued outfits in terms of style/cut/look. It makes us feel free or still youthful? (hope I'm not sounding like a grandma here)
The younger ones tend to prefer the subdued colors....like anthra or black or dark blues, maybe to project an image of maturity, dependability and reliability??
These dark colors I only wear during the cold season.

By the way, here is a picture of my Amethyst GGH Midday.
The women and girls who wear their LV's here tend to give my bag a second look everytime I walk past them. It's such an attractive and happy and best of all, unique color.

Attachments

• Amethyst Midday GGH '08.JPG
    Amethyst Midday GGH '08.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Love
Reactions: shesnochill
Pretty much any Balenciaga bag you love can be worn no matter your age. It's been a decade and we all still love these bags.

Get it...and don't worry the color is not too much like Pale Magenta, it's more purple and PM is more pink. I have the exact color/style bag ('08 Amethyst Gold Giant Hobo) myself and it's like a cactus flower that's just so pretty, see attached ;o)

Damn Corey, that's convincing!!!