Pink or Dark Blue Or Red Jumbo- Please help

Mic84

Feb 18, 2011
im in a dilema now , deciding which color Jumbo to buy , not sure what type of pink is the Jumbo (informed by my sa in nordstorm) , dark blue is just not me..Problem is originally i wanted a red jumbo , i saw one 13c red jumbo selling for USD 5299 , really love that color but worried that it will be a fake bag(posted to the authentication thread waiting for reply)..on the other hand the pink & dark blue are new stocks priced at usd 4900...i can only get one bag..such a headache:sweatdrop: please help, this jumbo is for occasional evening use for dinner , my evening dresses usually consist of red , blue , black , purple n pale mint green..

Last edited:
im in a dilema now , deciding which color Jumbo to buy , not sure what type of pink is the Jumbo (informed by my sa in nordstorm) , dark blue is just not me..Problem is originally i wanted a red jumbo , i saw one 13c red jumbo selling for USD 5299 , really love that color but worried that it will be a fake bag(posted to the authentication thread waiting for reply)..on the other hand the pink & dark blue are new stocks priced at usd 4900...i can only get one bag..such a headache:sweatdrop: please help, this jumbo is for occasional evening use for dinner , my evening dresses usually consist of red , blue , black , purple n pale mint green..

If you want the 13C Red jumbo, there may still be some out there, but you have to start calling around NOW to find one in the store. The price will be $4900+ tax, so the $5299 isn't that bad of a deal, really, if it's authenticated. If you want an occasional evening bag, might I suggest the M/L size? It's more suited for evening than the jumbo. I do highly recommend this 13C red, as it's really a stunning and gorgeous red. I hope you are able to find one. Since you say dark blue is just not you, don't even consider that color. You wanted the red, so look for the red! Start contacting SAs at Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Saks, Neiman Marcus and ask them to check system wide. You can also contact your local Chanel boutique and ask them as well, but they don't ship out classics; you would have to pick up the bag yourself. I so wish you luck finding this bag; I think there are a few left out there, but hurry! As to the pink, it's still up in the air if it's in the impossible to keep clean suede caviar, so that's a very iffy risk. Find the RED!

ETA: The red is a once-in-many-years color, and once it's gone, it's gone. The red will work with most of your evening colors, such as blue, black, and purple easily; the mint and red depend on the shades. For those, you might need something more neutral, which you can easily find later. The red is a NOW color, never to be repeated. Chanel does many reds, but truly outstanding ones are few and far between.

If you go with the M/L ($4400) instead of the jumbo, you would have some funds left over to put towards perhaps a kisslock in a neutral color ($1900).

Last edited:
I already have a dark silver in woc , black lamb m/l flap , white caviar tote , black caviar jumbo & black GST. SO red is a must have in my collection so red it will be.

I already have a dark silver in woc , black lamb m/l flap , white caviar tote , black caviar jumbo & black GST. SO red is a must have in my collection so red it will be.

I think you will be so happy to get this RED! Sounds like the dark silver WOC and black M/L will work well with your other colors that red won't work with, so you will be totally set! Yay!!!

By any chance do you or anybody have picture of these jumbos in all colors you mention?
I would love to see all the hues that you are considering if possible....
but my vote would still be red for you :smile:

You should wait for your red jumbo since you already have that in mind. I believed there 's still 13C red jumbo out there somewhere. Keep calling the boutique and department store. If you have good relationship with your SA, ask he/she keep eyes whenever the next shipment comes. Good luck.

Remember the 13C is lamb skin I believe. I'd love a 13c with SHW, but as I want to wear the red everyday, with two kids in tow, I need a caviar. But since you say it is only for evening the 13c should be great. I saw some non classics in that red and it is beautiful.