Pink or black pillow bag?

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Hi all!
Need your advice! I currently have the pillow bag in Barolo which I love! A beautiful dark burgundy. Wanted to get another one. I recently saw this bag in a dusty pink which made my heart sing! I started to worry about color transfer so I didn’t get it. Then I thought maybe black—basic easy. Dark too but a little different then what I have. Which should I get? I’ve been trying to add pics but can’t do it! Ugh!
Jill

Last edited:
Reactions: Nibb
Hi all!
Need your advice! I currently have the pillow bag in Barolo which I love! A beautiful dark burgundy. Wanted to get another one. I recently saw this bag in a dusty pink which made my heart sing! I started to worry about color transfer so I didn’t get it. Then I thought maybe black—basic easy. Dark too but a little different then what I have. Which should I get? I’ve been trying to add pics but can’t do it! Ugh!
Jill

Go with one that makes you happy! Does black make your heart sing too? If not, I'd go with dusty pink.

Thank you for responding! :smile: I’ve always loved the pillow in black. Looks so classic to me. But when I saw this pink yesterday I was immediately drawn to it! But nervous about color transfer. I wear a lot of dark denim. Do you think the black is too close in color to the Barolo? That was my other concern.

Thank you for responding! :smile: I’ve always loved the pillow in black. Looks so classic to me. But when I saw this pink yesterday I was immediately drawn to it! But nervous about color transfer. I wear a lot of dark denim. Do you think the black is too close in color to the Barolo? That was my other concern.

No way! Black is no where close to Barolo! Isn't Barolo the wine purplish color? I just a got a black Bal bag because as you said. Classic!

Reactions: jill39
I like the idea of the pink but it only works if you wear lighter and spring/summer colors. If you tend to wear darker shades, the black is a clean classic option.

Here are Barolo & black side by side. I don’t consider them to be close in color at all. While both are deeply saturated colors, the Barolo, especially in daytime light, is much softer than black. This was taken indoors in evening light. (I don’t have anything pink to offer for comparison.)
93811112-D95C-474B-A1F7-ED2024289EA8.jpeg