Pink Metallic - HELP ME DECIDE

I will be sleeping on it...

Something is nagging me about this... So hard to choose, 'cause there is so many bbags I want, and I've only started collecting two months ago..

This one is just SO special, and I have plenty huge and practical Mulberry-bags, like the Ayler, which I love - and will be able to wear in bad whether, so I would love this one, as my 'fun'/beautiful/summer bag...

Arghhh... What is wrong with me, why can't I just make a desicion... I hate that you cannot feel the bag, when you buy it online.. Ann tells me, the leather is quite different from the silver-metallic and that she only uses it on rare occations, so it is still perfect..

I'm going crazy, 'cause I really want it.. But buying this one, means no more bags until fall at least!! (But I actually did buy a few, so Maybe I'll live)..

I am also still a bit scared because the pale pink bag is yellowing, and I know you say this one won't, but I am just afraid it might flake, and then it's goodbye to 1K+

I'm sure you all find me redicilous... And I dont even know why I keep posting, I guess I just need to 'say it all out loud' in order to read my own thoughts clearly.. I'm just new to this whole crazy bag-hell/heaven :s

I used to by my bags 2 times a year at the Mulberry Sale (which is quite excellent!!), and on rare occasions buy a bag of the danish site Trendsales, maybe like two a year (Mostly Miu Miu) and now I suddenly wanna buy all bbags in the world, cause they make me :drool:

Please tell me, I am not mentally disturbed :rolleyes:

you are definately not disturbed! i wish sometimes that i thought my purchases thru more like you do...it's a fab bag, there is no doubt--i would love it, but bal has enough fab bags that it shouldn't be this hard...i have a magenta metallic and it is loud...i love it, but i like loud bags, so i hope you do too--i think most people here, would say if you are wavering this much, maybe you should wait till you find what you cannot live without!

on the other hand, if you really cant live without it, dont worry about the light color or it flaking! each bag (i think) is different and you just never know...take a chance! lol...this prob doesnt help, but i am trying not to buy unless i am gasping for air when i first see it! i am also relatively new to the obsession, and it's hard to resist! lol. good luck, i know you will make the right decision!

This bag is a beauty - but if you're normally a Mulberry gal (like me) - I understand your concerns with this colour.

To me, it was a huge step, when I bought myself a tooled Bayswater - instead of just a regular one - so I really have to get used to all these lovely bright colours that are available at Balenciaga.

$1K is a lot of money for a bag - and personally I would rather spend that much money on a bag, I could wear all year around - than on this colour - which is more of a spring/summer.
If I could afford 10+ different bags - like a lot on this forum - I would go for it - but if I had to settle for 3-4 bags, I would go for a "regular" bright colour instead of the metallic one.

Can't wait to hear, would you end up doing :smile:

Hey Miss M

What did you decide then???

We are all curious!

:crybaby: I let her go... Which means I PM'ed CeeJay, and told Ann, that I hope she will keep it back until Ceejay contacts her... To let her know if she still wants it.

:crybaby:It is still the most beautifull bag I have ever seen - but something is just not right.. I am a bag-user, not only a collecter. I need a city that I can carry all the time, anywhere.. Whenever I find that my First is too small - or the day and the Whistle are to 'boring'. The city hs so much character...

I know I'll regret this forever, but I just don't have the money to buy 5 city's.. I can maybe have 2 more bags this year, if I am lucky.. I have bought 2 bags and 3 accessories this spring allready - and I really must be realistic.

As I am writing, I am buying an appartement back in Copenhagen, and that is another very expensive purchase.. And that is gonna cost me a lot more each month than I am used to...

Therefore - Congratulations Cee Jay - I hope you get her... REALLY!!!

I'll keep hunting for a more practical but still :drool: City...

THANK YOU ALL FOR STAYIN WITH ME ON THIS ONE!!
You have all been so kind, and I really think your advice made me make the right decision... :yes:

So many bags make me gasp - but I still need to keep my feet on the ground - and buy bags that I can actually use!!!

But... A little :crybaby: right now...

aww girl! i am so proud of you. i am glad you (we) all have a place to talk this stuff out! i have no doubt that you will be glad once new colors come out! why have it if you wont use it?--ya know!

maybe ceejay will get it...and if she doesn't, i sure will take it! i am not dying over the new colors like pink...for some reason i look funny in violet and yellow...lol....anyways, hehe...going off on a tangent!

A new apt is way fun! we all are so BLESSED! and there TONS of other practical bright colored city bags...some of the gals here are even saying 07 leather is as thick as 05!...see, you are gonna find something perfect AND wearable! :yes: :heart:

Hey MissM, I just got home from work and RAN up the stairs to get to the computer to find the update.

If you decided to let her go, then you made the right decision. Another one will come along that will make you gasp and drool (hmmm...suddenly, it no longer sounds like I'm talking about a Bbag, huh?) and you'll realize why you had to let Pinkie go!

I'm glad CeeJay (or any one of the fabulous ladies here) will be picking it up.

(Ann had a Sapin Green today, did you see it?)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

MissM - Just out of curiosity - did you have something in mind for your next purchase? Or are you just kind of feeling like you'll know it when you see it. Only asking b/c I figured I'd come find you if you knew what you were looking for.

Miss M...I have only been lurking and not weighing in on your dilemma because I didn't trust myself to be completely objective. You see, I'm next of the list and Troy just e-mailed me to tell me that it was no longer on hold! I truly do admire your restraint. Like you, I have to watch what I spend and I REALLY use my bags! That doesn't mean I don't ADORE them to DEATH!! Now a quick question for anyone...when I heard the bag was on hold, I had just about made up my mind to order a Magenta City with GH...I have a vermillion city coming from BalNY (my very first BBag) and I have until tomorrow to get my order in for the Magenta City. I'm 50, dress sort of younger-ish without being gross about it! You know...jeans and t's, etc. unless going "out: for an evening...and I love loud (tasteful and gorgeous and beautifully made!!) bags. If you could only get 2 between now and end of year and you were already committed to the vermillion city, what would you do for your second? pink metallic or magenta City with GH? (really sorry this is soo long!!)

GAHHHH!! HELP! Please!:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:

Miss M...I have only been lurking and not weighing in on your dilemma because I didn't trust myself to be completely objective. You see, I'm next of the list and Troy just e-mailed me to tell me that it was no longer on hold! GAHHHH!! HELP! Please!:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:

Obviously I am not the one to ask... But I do look forward to the one getting it posting pics of it in use... Maybe that will stop the :crybaby:

lol! this thread has been so interesting! there are so many ppl who would die for this bag but the timing stinks! lol! maggien, i know this doesnt help but you could do either one! you can always get away with a gorgeous bag and fun shoes no matter what...EITHER color would look fab--i just got a magenta work...i love it! BUT! the metallic is cool too! as i said above, i also have a magenta metallic and you can see it coming from a mile away! lol. do you work or ever have to look "serious"--if that makes any sense? i dont feel like i can wear my metallic to certain occasions because it might be too out there but never feel that way about the magenta. however, if your rouge vermillon is going to be your basic, than it prob doesnt matter...

i know what you mean about the "being objective" thing...while i would love the bag, i dont need to buy anymore right now, so it would be great if someone here got it!