Pink Birkins

PinkMom

Jan 14, 2016
I recently bought a Rose Azalee birkin. I was previously told by SA that pink birkins are offered to long-time customers only. I am wondering...Is Pink the most sought after colour for Birkins? Is it the hardest colour to get ? Please share your thoughts and knowledge. Thx Thx.

Reactions: Perplexed
I recently bought a Rose Azalee birkin. I was previously told by SA that pink birkins are offered to long-time customers only. I am wondering...Is Pink the most sought after colour for Birkins? Is it the hardest colour to get ? Please share your thoughts and knowledge. Thx Thx.
Congratulation on your new birkin. Rose Azalee is a seasonal color offered this spring/summer and for SO too. In my country (Europe) not such a requested color and offered to all clients if available...

Reactions: Oryx816
I would like to know too. I am a pink lover and I got my rose Sakura birkin as SO and thats it. My SA knows I love pink and she has offered me many bags even box birkin but anytime I ask about rose lipstick , azalea she kind of ignores me and offers me something else! I wonder if there is limited production or high demand

I think all rarity where Hermes is involved is somewhat artificial. Because each store orders separately (as in, they don't get an entire seasonal "collection" that is the same, store to store) what is common in one market/store may be rare or go unordered completely in another. Some colours also become more popular after production ceases. Probably part of human nature to want what we can't have, once we've seen it on others!

Lipstick was an old color not more offered for birkins and kellys, but mini kellys are coming soon in this color. I think that number of pink bags depends on store manager order. But could be that there is a limited production as well.

I think sought after is completely relative, I would never carry a pink bag so to me it's the least desirable color.

I believe that all stores are only allowed to order a certain number of Bs/Ks in 3 color groups, seasonal colors, classic colors and pastels/bright colors. They are only allowed to order a limited number from each category even if demand is high in the pastel/bright category. And as others have said, each store buys for their client base so they may not order any of certain colors.

Enjoy your bag!

YES YES AND YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! hahahahah I am super biased because I am a pink hoarder. But in my experience, b/k/c in pink are hugely sought after and also purple. But it also depends on what part of the country/world you're in... bright colors fly off the shelf is Cali and Florida... whereas in my area (Washington, DC), neutrals are more sought after. Either way, u are VERY lucky to get offered that bag!! Enjoy darling!!!!!!!!

I was just in Paris with my SA and I requested B25 in Rose Azalee, Rose Lipstick, rose sakura, or Black. She knows I love pink and told me Rose Azalee and rose lipstick was last season. I am DYING for a Rose Azalee B25 in Swift PHW. I ended up with a Black B25 and I am thrilled but a pop of color never hurts.

Reactions: birkin10600
Thanks for your input. Very interesting and informative! I also started collecting neutral colors first, but started requested for pink a few years ago. So happy I got this Rose A ...very sweet colour, yet sophisticated.

Last edited: