Pinay bag lovers... come chitchat here!!! (Filipino thread)

Hi ladies another filipina here.. Born and raised in the Philippines but now residing in Sydney .. envy you ladies in US and Europe designer bags are much more cheaper and sale items really good... luxury items here are very expensive ..

Didn't know a thread like this existed. I'm from QC! Discovered TPF last year and I think it has made me into a bag addict. Since joining, my bag collection has tremendously expanded!

Hi ladies another filipina here.. Born and raised in the Philippines but now residing in Sydney .. envy you ladies in US and Europe designer bags are much more cheaper and sale items really good... luxury items here are very expensive ..

hi newbies here from mindanao zamboanga

I just saw this one recently.....a kikay Pinay from Sydney Australia....

Didn't know a thread like this existed. I'm from QC! Discovered TPF last year and I think it has made me into a bag addict. Since joining, my bag collection has tremendously expanded!

Hello ladies!! ;)

Hello fellow filipinos! It was just like yesterday when we first came here in canada..i remember before we were struggling middle class citizens...LVs or gucci is some brand we knew of but could never afford...Im not much brand conscious girl before. I was an epitome of simplicity believe me....yes, I knew I love purses even before but I was very much contented with our local brands..my first expensive ( at least for me) was a guess bag. Then, when I came here and had a decent work, I started to want some luxury brand bags especially LV..i started with coach, then MK, then LV....my hubby sort of regretted buying me my first LV bag because it is what hooked me to the brand.. Now, im done with LV and finally acquired a cartier ring and now I know my hubby is worried I might get hooked with cartier as well..seeing how I scan tpf for cartier photos....sometimes, I miss those days that I was contented with simple stuff...now im trying to tell myself I have had enough...LV maybe for now...

Hello everyone! It's nice to find a thread for filipinos! I'm from the US, but currently living in South Korea. I love all things luxury especially bags, slgs, and shoes. I own a few key pieces and I hope to grow my collection with more French brands this year (LV, Chanel, Saint Laurent, Céline).

Hi guys! Found this thread! Yey! Just wanted to ask you all what you use to clean, condition, protect your bags?

How do you care for your bags especially given the weather here in the Philippines, and given also what is available in the market? [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

I am looking to care for my LV, Givenchy, YSL and Chanel [emoji173]️

Hi guys! Found this thread! Yey! Just wanted to ask you all what you use to clean, condition, protect your bags?

How do you care for your bags especially given the weather here in the Philippines, and given also what is available in the market? [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

I am looking to care for my LV, Givenchy, YSL and Chanel [emoji173]️
For conditioning, I'm favoring the Cadillac conditioner. I have tried Apple brand too and it's okay. I also have Collonil which is recommended for Mulberry products. Though when I used it on a red cherry Longchamp Cuir (leather), some color transferred to the cloth. This has never happened with Cadillac nor Apple. I also felt the bag went a little dry after some time in storage. So I think I will stick to Cadillac (a brand I discovered through tpf too). I bought mine from amazon and had somebody bring it here from the US. But I think the product is available at lazada too.

I also place dessicant inside my bag cabinet. I'm lucky to have had access to loose silica gel (the round things they place in packets to absorb moisture). My 1 "tabo"-full is stored tightly in the cabinet. I'm hoping their absorbency will last for years (I've had them for maybe 2-3 years already and they have not turned completely pink from blue). You can also use those dehumidifier tubs that are available in supermarkets. HTH!

Reactions: wantthatbagbadly
For conditioning, I'm favoring the Cadillac conditioner. I have tried Apple brand too and it's okay. I also have Collonil which is recommended for Mulberry products. Though when I used it on a red cherry Longchamp Cuir (leather), some color transferred to the cloth. This has never happened with Cadillac nor Apple. I also felt the bag went a little dry after some time in storage. So I think I will stick to Cadillac (a brand I discovered through tpf too). I bought mine from amazon and had somebody bring it here from the US. But I think the product is available at lazada too.

I also place dessicant inside my bag cabinet. I'm lucky to have had access to loose silica gel (the round things they place in packets to absorb moisture). My 1 "tabo"-full is stored tightly in the cabinet. I'm hoping their absorbency will last for years (I've had them for maybe 2-3 years already and they have not turned completely pink from blue). You can also use those dehumidifier tubs that are available in supermarkets. HTH!

Oh my, just bought Collonil Leather Lotion! Noted on the Cadillac :smile: will check Lazada :smile:

I have silica / dessicant too! Dami din sa True Value and Ace Hardware :smile: hehehehe thank you!

Oh my, just bought Collonil Leather Lotion! Noted on the Cadillac :smile: will check Lazada :smile:

I have silica / dessicant too! Dami din sa True Value and Ace Hardware :smile: hehehehe thank you!
I have applied Collonil on other bags with no issue, except for that red LC Cuir. I'm also confused now if I'm still gonna use Collonil. Prior to the LC Cuir issue, I already asked somebody to buy my 2nd container in the US. Will I continue to use or not? Don't know just yet, hehe.