Pimples / pink bumps on a dog's lip?

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
The pug I am fostering got a pimple-like bump on her lower "lip" a few days ago.

I thought it was a pimple and that it would come to a head and then go away.

But it isn't going away. Just today, a second one appeared.

Neither look like they are coming to a head and will pop. Both bumps are hard and pink.

Anyone know what is going on?

The vet who volunteers for my local Pug Rescue branch is unavailable right now.

All answers, ideas, and/or website addresses are very welcome and most appreciated.

TIA :heart::heart::heart:

Does she eat from a ceramic or plastic food bowl? Bacteria can get stuck in the crevaces and cause pimples/bumps on the chin. Switch to a stainless bowl set, and you should see the problem go away.

Does she eat from a ceramic or plastic food bowl? Bacteria can get stuck in the crevaces and cause pimples/bumps on the chin. Switch to a stainless bowl set, and you should see the problem go away.

This was my first thought as well. If she is already eating from a stainless bowl which is cleaned after each meal, then my next thought would be allergies.

Thank you for your tips, Ladies.

I immediately switched her water and food bowls for metal ones. I rinsed the bowls in very diluted bleach first and then rinsed several times first.

You are right about allergies as well. I'm stuffy and she is itchy. So I am now bathing her once a week. If she is itchy in between and I'm short on time, I give her a wet washcloth rub down.

Both techniques are helping. Her red bumps are going away and she is less itchy.

Thanks, Ladies!!!

I wouldn't recommend bathing her more often than once a week, unless it's prescribed by the vet with some sort of medicated wash otherwise it can dry out her skin. Are you using an oatmeal shampoo?