Pillow Madison or Pillow Tabby 26

Jan 23, 2013
I’m asking for some help in deciding which to get based on the following ideas:

Wear and tear/durability - I’ve seen holes in 3 preloved Madison’s on Poshmark and leather rubbing off on the C in the Tabby bags.

Longevity in collection (Are either too trendy to last as a classic in my collection?)

Does the single crossbody strap really hurt on the Madison?

Does not having a cell phone pocket in Tabby drive you nuts?

Which holds more? (I’m a mom of 2 going on 3 little ones under 4 lol!)

Which is Dejuan prettier?

Thanks in advance!

Pillow Tabby would be my choice; classical baguette style and the 26 holds a ton of stuff!
So I was bad and ordered both At first I loved the Madison but after taking her around with me for 3 days, there’s something I don’t love about maneuvering with it. I can’t put my finger on it. I hate to part with her but it feels heavier and bulkier and more awkward when I’m searching and paying for something. Even though it has the back pocket - it’s very tight to get phone in and out with pillow effect. Ugh I might keep the tabby and sell the Madison since I took the tags off. I’ll get a feel for them for a little more before deciding.

So I was bad and ordered both At first I loved the Madison but after taking her around with me for 3 days, there’s something I don’t love about maneuvering with it. I can’t put my finger on it. I hate to part with her but it feels heavier and bulkier and more awkward when I’m searching and paying for something. Even though it has the back pocket - it’s very tight to get phone in and out with pillow effect. Ugh I might keep the tabby and sell the Madison since I took the tags off. I’ll get a feel for them for a little more before deciding.
Ha! Didn’t take me long to realize that I’m trying to rationalize not keeping both but I want to keep both lol!

Ha! Didn’t take me long to realize that I’m trying to rationalize not keeping both but I want to keep both lol!
Hey, I just read this. I have been wondering the same. I have my Pillow Tabby 26 in Ivory which I am loving. I just got the Pillow Madison ( still havent taken out the the tags ).
I pretty much wonder how comfortable is the crossbody carry for the pillow madison as I too am running around with kids and need my bags to be a comfortable carry especially crossbody.
Is there something specific you dont like about the Pillow Madison ? I love the luxurious feel of it and just feel its going to fit more than my pillow tabby 26 which is great but i dont think of it as an everyday carry.

Reactions: HAZE MAT
Hey, I just read this. I have been wondering the same. I have my Pillow Tabby 26 in Ivory which I am loving. I just got the Pillow Madison ( still havent taken out the the tags ).
I pretty much wonder how comfortable is the crossbody carry for the pillow madison as I too am running around with kids and need my bags to be a comfortable carry especially crossbody.
Is there something specific you dont like about the Pillow Madison ? I love the luxurious feel of it and just feel its going to fit more than my pillow tabby 26 which is great but i dont think of it as an everyday carry.
Hi! The more that I’m carrying my Madison, the more I love it. I can fit a spare diaper and a little bag of wipes in it plus a snack bar or squeeze for my kiddos. I keep my phone in the back pocket and my keys and wallet in the front double flap so I can grab those items easily. It’s a snug fit because of the pillow effect but the more stuffed it is, the easier the lock closes. It’s not the most comfortable crossbody. I do adore it shoulder carry though and it’s comfy. As you know, it’s hard to shoulder carry with more than 1 little with you though lol! I see this more as a bag I’ll care when I have a coat or light jacket on and the pillow tabby as more of a bag I’d gravitate for in summer. I’m wondering how the pillow tabby can carry my items. I like that everything is laid out pretty open and spread as well as sitting higher on me crossbody. The Madison is like an inch longer than I love. I’m 5’3. If you can have both, they are very nice bags that carry a decent amount for an afternoon out with the littles but any major outings that you need extras and backup items, I reach for my backpacks lol! How do you like your pillow tabby so far?

Hi! The more that I’m carrying my Madison, the more I love it. I can fit a spare diaper and a little bag of wipes in it plus a snack bar or squeeze for my kiddos. I keep my phone in the back pocket and my keys and wallet in the front double flap so I can grab those items easily. It’s a snug fit because of the pillow effect but the more stuffed it is, the easier the lock closes. It’s not the most comfortable crossbody. I do adore it shoulder carry though and it’s comfy. As you know, it’s hard to shoulder carry with more than 1 little with you though lol! I see this more as a bag I’ll care when I have a coat or light jacket on and the pillow tabby as more of a bag I’d gravitate for in summer. I’m wondering how the pillow tabby can carry my items. I like that everything is laid out pretty open and spread as well as sitting higher on me crossbody. The Madison is like an inch longer than I love. I’m 5’3. If you can have both, they are very nice bags that carry a decent amount for an afternoon out with the littles but any major outings that you need extras and backup items, I reach for my backpacks lol! How do you like your pillow tabby so far?
Hi! Thanks so much for your detailed reply. It sounds to me like I need to take the tags off and start using my Pillow Madison. I will. It sounds like it holds a decent amount. See, now my kids are school going so I no longer carry snacks for them. Maybe one snack bar here or there. So sounds like Pillow madison is great as far as size goes. Besides, I mostly use crossbodies like my Cassie, Tali or Top handles like Rogue or Ruby. So this Shoulder carry will be a good change. Also, another thing holding me back was the closure, which I now understand us becasue my bag is not filled and once I fill the bag it will close comfortably.
As far as the Pillow Tabby goes, I love mine in the Ivory, but just cuz of winter and jackets I am not too comfortable carrying it on the shoulder. Besides like you said, its better for summer. Its great though you might want to keep in mind its not too much space for added kiddie stuff. Its great that it fits my full size wallet , keys , card case, small sanitizer, a small pack of tiisues and a snack bar easily. But if you have little kiddos, you will probably need an additional carry. I still think the Pilow Tabby is a great bag and I enjoy her a lot especially with the new colors that it comes in.
Enjoy all your bags and the holidays with your kiddos :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: HAZE MAT
Hi! Thanks so much for your detailed reply. It sounds to me like I need to take the tags off and start using my Pillow Madison. I will. It sounds like it holds a decent amount. See, now my kids are school going so I no longer carry snacks for them. Maybe one snack bar here or there. So sounds like Pillow madison is great as far as size goes. Besides, I mostly use crossbodies like my Cassie, Tali or Top handles like Rogue or Ruby. So this Shoulder carry will be a good change. Also, another thing holding me back was the closure, which I now understand us becasue my bag is not filled and once I fill the bag it will close comfortably.
As far as the Pillow Tabby goes, I love mine in the Ivory, but just cuz of winter and jackets I am not too comfortable carrying it on the shoulder. Besides like you said, its better for summer. Its great though you might want to keep in mind its not too much space for added kiddie stuff. Its great that it fits my full size wallet , keys , card case, small sanitizer, a small pack of tiisues and a snack bar easily. But if you have little kiddos, you will probably need an additional carry. I still think the Pilow Tabby is a great bag and I enjoy her a lot especially with the new colors that it comes in.
Enjoy all your bags and the holidays with your kiddos :smile:
Thank you so much! Happy holidays to you and your family as well :smile: