Pillow Bag

I received my emerald mini - I will say the texture is ... interesting - it's definitely a smaller bag for me.. it fits my phone and i'll downsize my wallet, but the color is this bag's saving grace. it's a beautiful bag.

I was disappointed with the customer service after purchasing my bag. After it arrived without a dust bag I contacted the department store who responded that the bag came with what they received from the designer/manufacturer. So I contacted Marc Jacobs customer service and they responded that they dont provide replacement dust bags and suggested I protect my bag in a pillow case when its stored for extended periods. I thought this suggestion was a little hilarious and I responded letting them know it wasnt a replacement, as my bag never came with a dust bag and that I felt my beautiful Marc Jacobs $900 bag deserved better than a pillow case. I haven’t heard anything back!

I was disappointed with the customer service after purchasing my bag. After it arrived without a dust bag I contacted the department store who responded that the bag came with what they received from the designer/manufacturer. So I contacted Marc Jacobs customer service and they responded that they dont provide replacement dust bags and suggested I protect my bag in a pillow case when its stored for extended periods. I thought this suggestion was a little hilarious and I responded letting them know it wasnt a replacement, as my bag never came with a dust bag and that I felt my beautiful Marc Jacobs $900 bag deserved better than a pillow case. I haven’t heard anything back!
Do Marc Jacobs bags normally come with dustbags these days? Or not? Either way, their response was borderline offensive. Not good CS at all.

Reactions: jblended
I'm shocked that CS responded that way. I posted earlier that my friend got a replacement bag for her faulty one from them. CS handled her really professionally. I cannot believe that they would be so rude to a paying customer! :whut:
And of course it should come with a dust bag! They should have sent one out immediately, even if it was indeed a replacement dust bag (although it wasn't in this case)!
We're paying for the product, the cost of sending out a dust bag (or even a second one) is negligible to them and they'd still make a hefty profit. I would return the bag if that happened to me.

My thoughts on the pillow bag have gone back and forth, and mostly I really loved it and wanted it. However, at this point I wouldn't take it for free. The leather is too thin and will scrape too easily. I can see that opinions are split, and there seems to be an inconsistency in the quality of pieces received. Not good. :no:
It's a shame because I loved the concept of it, but that paper-like feel to the leather, the inconsistent quality, and now this behaviour by CS...those are huge red flags in my world.

I hope that all those who got a great piece love their bags and get to enjoy them fully. It really is cool and unique when it's a good piece.

Update: I headed into the department store today where I made the online purchase as I thought I would have more luck in person with the dustbag and to see if there was another one I could exchange it with. I showed her the minor issues with the bag (Zip tab comes off, and small mark) and mentioned it didn’t come with a dustbag. She said that a lot of bags don’t come with them these days, but she would get me a dustbag and also offered a further 10% off my already discounted purchase. It’s fair to say that I was pretty happy with the service I finally received from the department store. I’m still laughing about Marc Jacobs Customer service suggestion of a pillow case! I will post an update on wear and tear, now I am finally going to start using it.

Update: I headed into the department store today where I made the online purchase as I thought I would have more luck in person with the dustbag and to see if there was another one I could exchange it with. I showed her the minor issues with the bag (Zip tab comes off, and small mark) and mentioned it didn’t come with a dustbag. She said that a lot of bags don’t come with them these days, but she would get me a dustbag and also offered a further 10% off my already discounted purchase. It’s fair to say that I was pretty happy with the service I finally received from the department store. I’m still laughing about Marc Jacobs Customer service suggestion of a pillow case! I will post an update on wear and tear, now I am finally going to start using it.
Glad it got resolved in the end and yes, please do post a wear and tear review on the bag once you've worn it for some time! :yes::tup:

Reactions: 250gilly
Wow! I'm happy that you were able to get everything straightened out, but the MJ CS idea of storing this bag in a pillow case is certainly laughable. I purchased mine from the MJ website (I didn't see the Lime color anywhere else) and it was shipped with a dustbag. So odd!

Again, I'm glad in the end it worked out for you and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!

Reactions: 250gilly
Wow! I'm happy that you were able to get everything straightened out, but the MJ CS idea of storing this bag in a pillow case is certainly laughable. I purchased mine from the MJ website (I didn't see the Lime color anywhere else) and it was shipped with a dustbag. So odd!

Again, I'm glad in the end it worked out for you and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!
Thanks so much. I’m looking forward to using it for the first time. Love some mod shots of your lime.

Loved this bag as soon as I saw it online, then I saw it in person... and my obsession with puffy bags was reaffirmed. Haven't been paying attention to Marc Jacobs for the past few years but this caught my eye! Whatever you do, don't buy this full price! These bags are heavily discounted (200+ off) which would justify this trendy bag imo. Not sure I will buy this unless I can get the white version discounted. I will continue to live vicariously through y'all.

Reactions: baghag91 and JenJBS
Anyone recently bought one of these or have updates on how their’s have held up? I really love the style.
I purchased mine earlier this year. It’s not a daily bag for me but I’ve used it enough to get a feel for it. It’s really different to anything else I own and that is why I enjoy wearing it. I still love it, although when an employee at a department store commented on it not being a leather bag, (I corrected her) I then did wonder how others perceived it on me. It is comfortable to carry and I find it can be pretty full and the closure still works. I do feel it’s rather chunky when full and sticks out on my hip. I love how it can be worn a few different ways. Mine has held up well, but I do query how this kind of leather will hold up over time. I didn’t pay full price and I think at the full price it would make me nervous about it’s longevity. Bit of a mixed review but I’m glad I got it and I enjoy wearing it.

I got one in lavander in September but never has chance to wear yet! Its cute and soft but feels very very delicate! The leather it’s wrinkled and so thin! I will keep because is cute and I love the color! But I dont think I will wear it as a daily bag