Pillow Bag

I've been looking at it online since it came out. I think all the colours are lovely. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it in person, so my opinion may not be very helpful.

I wish it was a zip top bag rather than a magnetic flap. Given how puffy it is, it would have been a sleeker look it if it didn't have a flap. Also I noticed the magnetic closure is super strong (which is true for all my MJ bags) and whilst that's great for security, I wonder how badly it will indent that puffy leather. My natasha bags get very bad indents around the magnet which I regularly have to work out of the leather, so I can only imagine on something this puffy, the indentations would be very visible around the closure and there would be tons of wrinkles and flattening around that area. However, those are only visible when you open the bag, so perhaps that won't bother you.

I found this video very helpful. It's not in English but there are so many close ups that I got all the info I needed.

If I get to see it in store soon, I'll grab some pics and post an update for you. :smile:

Reactions: kadelle
Thanks for the video! So cute! I haven’t seen it in person but blind ordered one yesterday in red! I will post some pics when I get it!

I've been looking at it online since it came out. I think all the colours are lovely. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it in person, so my opinion may not be very helpful.

I wish it was a zip top bag rather than a magnetic flap. Given how puffy it is, it would have been a sleeker look it if it didn't have a flap. Also I noticed the magnetic closure is super strong (which is true for all my MJ bags) and whilst that's great for security, I wonder how badly it will indent that puffy leather. My natasha bags get very bad indents around the magnet which I regularly have to work out of the leather, so I can only imagine on something this puffy, the indentations would be very visible around the closure and there would be tons of wrinkles and flattening around that area. However, those are only visible when you open the bag, so perhaps that won't bother you.

I found this video very helpful. It's not in English but there are so many close ups that I got all the info I needed.

If I get to see it in store soon, I'll grab some pics and post an update for you. :smile:

Reactions: jblended
I finally got to see this in person. It is really cool. :cool: I tried to take a photo but the SA stopped me.

The leather is so thin and crinkly, it almost felt like paper. I've never felt leather like it. I have other lambskin bags but this is very different. I can't quite describe the leather at all. Puffy and light, but actually felt like carbon paper to my touch.

I do wonder how well these would age. I'd love to see updated pictures after a few months of use. I would expect the patina makes them even more beautiful and the puffiness doesn't disappear, but also wonder if leather this thin may be prone to rips.

Either way, this is the first of his newer bags to get me really, really excited! I'll probably pick one up at a later time (still holding out hope they make a zip top version).

Somewhat tangentially, I was horrified when another customer grabbed the display bag from the top like a clutch and dug her long nails into the leather. My literal expression was -> :shocked: That bag was certainly ruined and I hope it's never sold at FP to another customer. I always find it baffling and upsetting when people abuse display pieces. :annoyed:

I got one when they first came out. I love it! It’s kind of on the small size for me, but I make it work. The leather is so amazing and so thin! Quality is great too.
Are you still enjoying this bag? I'm debating about picking one up and am curious to hear how the leather is wearing. Thanks in advance!

i have the pillow bag and i love it! it’s my first marc jacobs bag. i usually go for designers like balenciaga, céline, LV etc, but i found this bag so cool. i love the thin leather, almost like paper, and i love the fact that you can wear it crossbody and on your shoulder.

Reactions: ghoulish
Thanks to both for your input! I think this one is officially moving to the top of my wish list. I'm quite drawn to the duel straps, and I love the edgy vibe of that chain. As much as I want to purchase black (@enshogirl - yours is gorgeous!) I'm trying to step outside of my comfort zone and invite color into my life. Eyeing either the hot pink or mystic blue color.

I’m intrigued by this bag! I have so much LV.... ready to branch out and try something new. I want the black because that’s what I’m drawn to but thinking I should get a colors.....what does everyone think about the oregano color?

Attachments

• B697B5DE-7DB7-4AA7-A94C-69FF940E7886.jpeg
    B697B5DE-7DB7-4AA7-A94C-69FF940E7886.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 238
I’m intrigued by this bag! I have so much LV.... ready to branch out and try something new. I want the black because that’s what I’m drawn to but thinking I should get a colors.....what does everyone think about the oregano color?
I haven't seen it in person, but in photos, it's a lovely shade of green/khaki. I think it would work well as an almost neutral.

Reactions: shayna07
In person it looks like a sage green- a shade lighter than the photo you posted. It's the only one in this range that is a muted colour; the blue, red, white, black, and silver that I saw are all very saturated and bright. This one stood out because it is the only cold colour in the whole lot.
If you like that colour in general and think you can match it to other things in your wardrobe, go for it.

Reactions: shayna07