Pigalle: to spike or not to spike?!?

theclassic

O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
PIGGIE PROBLEM :sad:

Ok...... I can't believe I am contemplating this and need some advice~ what would you do?

Approx 8 months ago I sold my classic blk patent Pigalle 120s and purchased my UHG~ Pigalle Spikes!! The only problem is I have worn them TWICE :sad:. I live in a very conservative small town and the truth is, unless I travel to the city I am almost embarrassed to wear them. The classic Pigalles fly under the radar and I wore them all the time and was so excited to upgrade to the spikes but hate to see them collecting dust in my closet.

My husband hates the spikes (which boggles my mind- how can a man not think they're sexy?!?) and liked the old Pigalles but says "if you love them, keep them!" I almost agree but think it's a waste of $$ if I only wear them out twice a year. So my question is this: should I 1) keep the Spikes, 2) sell the spikes and re-purchase new classic 120s, OR 3) keep the spikes, and try to find pre-loved 120s? TIA!!

In an ideal world, I say keep your spikes and find pre loved pigalles! I'm also contemplating returning a shoe because I don't think I'll ever wear them. Hold onto your spikes if you really love them and will wear them.

I had this same dilemma. I searched high and low for the Pigalle Spikes, I just had to have them but when I got them, I still felt I needed the plain black patent Pigalles because they're such a classic shoe. I was too embarrassed to wear the spikes to a family dinner on Christmas Eve as the restaurant was very conservative so I wore my black patent ones. They started hurt my toes during the evening which made me think I wouldn't wear the spikes very much as they'd hurt even more due to the stiffer leather. I also started thinking that I love them now but maybe in a year or so I won't love them as much. So I sold them. It really hurt when I posted them off but I'm happy with my decision. The black patent Pigalles are so versatile and you said yourself you wore them all the time. I say get rid of the spikes because it sounds like you won't wear them.

I'd try for option 3) if possible.

I love my spiked piggies but they're really for special occasions and not for everyday wear. My Black Patent Piggies however I wear all the time and they are more acceptable for broader crowds and outings.

If you have to choose, I say sell off the spiked piggies and go back to the classic black patents.

Thank you SO much for your input... and Stilly I am honored you gave your opinion~ I must admit, drooling over your amazing piggie collection inspired me to get them in the first place!!! After much thought and consideration I think I will just have to let these go :sad:

BUT, I am super excited to have some classic piggies back in my life :smile: Hopefully my spikes will make someone very happy *sniff*. Time to get shopping!

Sadly, given the conditions that you describe, I'd sell the spikes. Use the money to fund something that you'll love and use!

Ok...... I can't believe I am contemplating this and need some advice~ what would you do?

Approx 8 months ago I sold my classic blk patent Pigalle 120s and purchased my UHG~ Pigalle Spikes!! The only problem is I have worn them TWICE :sad:. I live in a very conservative small town and the truth is, unless I travel to the city I am almost embarrassed to wear them. The classic Pigalles fly under the radar and I wore them all the time and was so excited to upgrade to the spikes but hate to see them collecting dust in my closet.

My husband hates the spikes (which boggles my mind- how can a man not think they're sexy?!?) and liked the old Pigalles but says "if you love them, keep them!" I almost agree but think it's a waste of $$ if I only wear them out twice a year. So my question is this: should I 1) keep the Spikes, 2) sell the spikes and re-purchase new classic 120s, OR 3) keep the spikes, and try to find pre-loved 120s? TIA!!

I'd just wait a little, save up the money and buy the new patents, so that I can have both, or if I just can't wait anymore, buy the used ones. But never ever would I sell the shoes I love! I'd rather look for/make more occasions and go to more places to wear them! Unless you just don't want them anymore... imho
Good luck anyways!!! hope you get what you want! :flowers:

I'd just wait a little, save up the money and buy the new patents, so that I can have both, or if I just can't wait anymore, buy the used ones. But never ever would I sell the shoes I love! I'd rather look for/make more occasions and go to more places to wear them! Unless you just don't want them anymore... imho
Good luck anyways!!! hope you get what you want! :flowers:

thank you for your honest opinion... unfortunately I have decided to sell :sad:... I miss them already but I actually have no regrets. I feel better knowing someone will rock them and feel amazing in them as opposed to just glancing at them every now and again collecting dust in my closet. I felt a lot worse selling my original classic patents and am soooooo glad to re-purchase them to have permanently in my loubie collection :smile:

thank you for your honest opinion... unfortunately I have decided to sell :sad:... I miss them already but I actually have no regrets. I feel better knowing someone will rock them and feel amazing in them as opposed to just glancing at them every now and again collecting dust in my closet. I felt a lot worse selling my original classic patents and am soooooo glad to re-purchase them to have permanently in my loubie collection :smile:

As long as you are happy, I don't think anything else matters ;) :tup: