Pigalle Question

irishiris8

Redhead w/Red Soles!
Apr 18, 2008
Hi everyone :smile: I have a pair of 120mm sculpted hell pigalles that I'm pretty comfortable in. I'm considering buying a new pair of magenta pigalles, and they have the straight 120mm heel... What I want to know is whether the two types of heel are different to walk in? What do you think?

Thanks!! :yes:

I've only tried (and failed) the straight heel 120mm. I think had they been the right size for me, I would not have had such a difficult time. My guess is the sculpted heel would be easier. :shrugs: You'll have to check with the 120mm experts on this one.

hehehe . . . . i have both, and i actually find the straight to be easier to walk in somehow . . . I think it's because the point of the heel is further back so the weight balances out better? :shrugs:

i find the sculpted heel easier to walk with. i balance with them better. with the straight heel, i sometimes feel like all the weight is on my toes. i just feel more confident wearing the sculpted heels although i prefer the look of the straight back heels.

Hmmm... thanks for the advice, everyone! This is tough... I wasn't planning on spending money on another pair of shoes so soon after buying my first pigalles a few weeks ago. Here's another question to ponder: Are the magenta pigalles truly rare? B/c that's why I'm thinking of getting them sp quickly. The problem is that I'm going to Vegas in a month, and really planning on being free budget-wise to buy a couple of pairs at the new CL boutique (heaven!), so I'm not sure I should really buy these right now... What do you think? :confused1:

So I got photos from the seller on eBay, and there's a big black mark on the insole... It gets better... I was then inspired, on an off chance, to call the NM in Scottsdale, and wonder of wonders, they had a pair left in my size!! Don't know what I didn't think of that first! Plus, this brand new pair was $150 less than the eBay pair. They'll probably be here by Friday :smile: Hooray!!!!!

Iris - congrats, I love the magenta pigalles, that color is so pretty. Our Ledaatomica has a pair and I'm sure that she has posted photos in the Post Pics of your Louboutins thread, they look amazing on.
I actually find the sculpted heel to be a bit more comfy than the straight heel, but I also have a very high arch so this might be a personal preference depending on your foot.
It's great that you found them at NM, were they marked down? I remember seeing these on sale at BG so I would guess that NM marked them down too.