Pigalle Follies

View attachment 2649822View attachment 2649823

I picked up these today at Saks. I'm normally a 37 in pigalle 100 and purchased a 37 in these. I like the extra toe cleavage. My cobbler told me because the heal is so thin the tips will have to be replaced every few wears though :sad:
Congrats bugsy!!! They are TDF aren't they? I almost purchased them, and it was hard for me not to.
The photos do NOT do justice for this pair. It is so gorgeous! Once again, congratulations!!!

I already posted these on the So Kate thread and disappointed in Pigalles thread, but here it is ...

Pigalle Follies 100

i stopped into the cl boutique on my way to another meeting today and this is my report.

Surprisingly, they were not ugly at all. In fact, beautiful in real life which gives us hope. Unfortunately japan will not be getting any shipping for 120s and i would really like to know what my sizing would be.

The sizing for a 100 was exactly the same as my p100s, a size 37.
The slope is steeper than a pigalle, just like the new cut pigalle 120 and the so kates.
Also, the heel height was higher than pigalle 100 by a 3-4 mm. Plenty of toe cleavage i must say. Possibly more than Pigalles or So Kates?

I really want to know if i am supposed to size down by half or full for a 120. Unfortunately, since a lot of japanese women cannot handle wearing 120s, they don't sell well hence the boutiques do not get much of them in that height so i would have to order from overseas if i were ever to purchase.

The color i tried on which was the only pair that came in so far is called Glitter Sirene.
I usually do not like glitter, but it was gorgeous iIRL.  maybe some may think it reminds them of a mackerel lol! For me, it looked like tiger stripes!

Please see attached pics for your reference.
Those look beautiful on you, I know you are looking for 120 mm sizing, but can I ask you whether these ran true to size regarding the 100mm compared to other designer shoes?

i.e. what size in Chanel pumps are you, and what size did you need in these for 100? Same as what you would wear in Chanel?

Also, I would have liked this in 120mm but seeing these on you makes me think 100mm might be okay for this color, it makes the color more dainty. Can I ask why you didn't like them in 100mm? Also, did you like the color, or did it seem a little loud? - is it a color you could wear during the day with skinny jeans let's say?

Thanks!

I picked up these today at Saks. I'm normally a 37 in pigalle 100 and purchased a 37 in these. I like the extra toe cleavage. My cobbler told me because the heal is so thin the tips will have to be replaced every few wears though :sad:
love these, do you mind posting a modeling pic?

Would you wear them during the day with jeans, or is it too much for day time?

What are your thoughts on the color? Also, why did you choose 100 vs. 120mm?

Also, what size do you wear in other brands? Do you think this shoe fit is the same as Chanel or is it a bigger fit like Gucci?

Sorry for the questions, and congratulations!

love these, do you mind posting a modeling pic?

Would you wear them during the day with jeans, or is it too much for day time?

What are your thoughts on the color? Also, why did you choose 100 vs. 120mm?

Also, what size do you wear in other brands? Do you think this shoe fit is the same as Chanel or is it a bigger fit like Gucci?

Sorry for the questions, and congratulations!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402708144.687851.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1402708157.568633.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1402708166.576891.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1402708173.524388.jpg

IMO they are too much for the day. I'm styling mine with leather leggings, last night I did a distressed super skinny jean. I would also style with a black dress or black leather shorts.

The color is AMAZING. You can never go wrong with black and gold, especially when sparkles are involved 💛 I chose a 100mm because that's my max height for walking. I live in a major city and walk everywhere. I also tend to be on my feet for hours at time and 120mm just starts to hurt too much too quickly.

I'm a 37 I'm Chanel, 37 in Jimmy Choo, 36.5 in fendi and miu miu. Always a 37 in Loubs but I do stretch them a bit in toe box prior to wearing.

I bought the bright pink follies last week and I'm LOVING these more already!

bugsy,

Just out of curiosity, do you get any heel slippate? I am a size 37 in Pigalle 100 as well and when I tried them on, 37s were perfect. When I tried them on at another boutique (Tokyo has 4 boutiques in town), I had to size down to 36.5 because the 37 were giving me heel slippage.

They look absolutely gorgeous on you. Makes me wonder if I should have pulled the trigger. Looks great with your distressed jeans. Black leather pants would be cool too. I was wearing a soft gray dress that day, and it is a good color to combine with the shoes if you ever want to go for a softer look :smile:)

I broke down and bought them today; they are the perfect shade of Barbie pink.....like cute summer watermelon pink. I got them in the same size as my So Kate's.

2e67uic.jpg

This isn't my foot; just the SA trying it on

Maybe it's just the stock photos I've seen of the 120s, but I definitely prefer the 100 height. It seems to retain the same grace of curve from the old-cut Pigalle style, whereas the 120 has that newer, kind of clunkier look, especially on the sides of the toe. I might be wrong though, because I didn't think I would like the style at all, but I love the 100s.

I agree, but the 120s are surprisingly dainty.