Pigalle 120 Club: tips on sizing, comfort, and walking with confidence on 120mm

basic piggy bounce n' wiggle demo, indoors on carpet - bizarrely slowed down by youtube when I uploaded it, but I figure that will make it easier to watch anyway right? (^(oo)^)v

carpet is actually a somewhat unstable surface to walk on - it's all smooshy! (^(oo)^)

haha this looks so funny - it's a slow motion piggy-bounce, I guess . . . sorry! :sweatdrop: I don't know what happened . . . the file on my comp goes at normal speed :shrugs:

Piggy, thank you so much for the detailed advice and all the work you put into it, its very much appreciated! I know it will be very helpful to all who venture into Pigalle 120, in fact it would make a great sticky.

The video is so helpful too, you walk so gracefully in Pigalle!

:ps:

Last edited:
Thanks so much piggy! I love all your posts, and this thread has inspired me to try pigalles. I have massively huge (size 41 CLs usually) and super wide feet, not to mention a heavier frame... definitely need to go to Saks or BG next time I'm in SF and try these on.

You are the best!

I have a cousin that is size 41 flat shoes, but when we went to buy his first pair of Pigalle the size that fits best was the 37.5 ... she says "are the most comfortable shoes I've ever used."

I work at the airport in mexico city and all the time I'm walking up and down, on average six hours a day way and the other two hours I sit at my desk, I am a size 37 shoe any Christian, when first used my pigalle I accept that the most difficult was to coordinate the knees, so I decided to get me to the gym to strengthen my thighs and lower back.

now I have more than 30 pairs of Pigalle 120mm, four pairs of YOYOS 120MM , six pairs of DECLIC 140 mm, six pairs of ALTI 160MM,two pairs of CLICHY 120 mm , two pairs of En Passant 120MM, 2 pairs of Bloody MARY140MM, 3 pairs of PAOLA BOOTY 120MM, 2 pairs of MERRE LANCE 160MM LANCE ..... and the collection continues to grow.

After almost six years to get used to walking in shoes with height of 120mm...... I can´t get out of the sky

Last edited:
After practicing at work, I was finally ready to test my Anemones out in the real world.

Can't believe I walked around in them ALL DAY LONG.

DF actually kicked off his Cole Haans before I kicked off my CLs. hahahaha.

I'm with Lav. I would have preferred going down a full size from my CL size but sometimes, when your UHG pops up, you do what you gotta do. I had to put insoles and heel grips but it was fine.

oink oink oink! (^(oo)^) piggy bounce n' wiggle demo, side view, on concrete floor this time. with the side view you can see that there's no heel-toe motion; the front of the shoe should touch down slightly before or at the same time as the heel.

try to blend your strides into a fluid, continuous movement. I notice a lot of girls who take these really short, choppy, abbreviated steps when they're wearing heels . . . they're also usually the ones who are hunched over, staring at the ground as if it's apt to run away when left unsupervised!

In reality, maintaining good posture will open up your frame and free your hips and legs to take normal-sized strides with ease. As mangujowa pointed out, the piggy bounce n' wiggle has high speed potential too!