Pictures of Stanley (the cat) walking on a leash..

That's so cool! I use to put my younger cat on a leash to let her outside because she use to run away when she would go outside. But after a while, we let her in the backyard with my older cat to explore. And I just have to clap my hands and they both run inside.

I would love to teach my kitties to walk on a leash, for an actual walk.

Oh wow, he LOVES it!!!

I've tried walking my orange tabby on a leash too, but he HATES it. He goes on auto-slink mode and gets verrrrry low to the ground. He freezes up that it's easy to transport him though, so that's how I take him to the vet, etc. :sweatdrop: instead of in his carrier. I know yours was already leash-trained, but if you have any tips, I'd love to know!

Love your sig pic! Your tabby is beautiful!

Tips? Hmmm, maybe get a harness and carry him outdoors..have him smell around to get use to his surroundings..baby steps..and as each day hopefully then he'd get use to it and start walking with the leash. Hope that helps! :heart:

Wow, I almost forgot I posted this thread, lol! Awwwwwe thanks!

Yeah, we use Advantage on him for fleas and ticks...we also clip his nails on a regular basis..and bathe him every so often. Other than taking him for walks on a harness..he's strictly an indoor cat. :smile:

thanks for the reply! :smile:

We tried to do this with our Bounce when he was two-ish and he was not having any. So now when we have to take him in the car we just carry him in, no box, he's the most dog-like cat I've ever had.

Was your kitty leash-trained as a very little baby?

Oh when I take him to his vet we put him in his carrier..I have leather car seats..lol! I also don't want him to have an accident in my car either.

Um, you know what...I'm not sure if he was trained as a kitten..because we got him when he was 2...he's now 3. All the papers said was he was leash trained..that's it. :smile:

Love your sig pic! Your tabby is beautiful!

Tips? Hmmm, maybe get a harness and carry him outdoors..have him smell around to get use to his surroundings..baby steps..and as each day hopefully then he'd get use to it and start walking with the leash. Hope that helps! :heart:

Thanks! You mentioned yours is a talker -- mine is too! I wonder if all orange tabbies are well-spoken. Does yours play fetch by any chance? :P

I got him a harness but he haaaates it. Oh man. I'm gonna just try to take him out more often and see if he ever gets used to it. I feel so bad because he looks deathly frightened every time I attempt to take him outside with a leash!

Thanks! You mentioned yours is a talker -- mine is too! I wonder if all orange tabbies are well-spoken. Does yours play fetch by any chance? :P

I got him a harness but he haaaates it. Oh man. I'm gonna just try to take him out more often and see if he ever gets used to it. I feel so bad because he looks deathly frightened every time I attempt to take him outside with a leash!

Lol, nah he doesn't play fetch. Yes, he's quite the talker! He does bad things to get our attention too...he's rotten!:nuts:

precious!!!! :heart:

i tried to get my ginger tom to do this when he was little but he was too wiggly for me to get him into the harness. i wish i could take him out with me though!!