Pictures of Pomme Vernis Color Transfer

purpleboots

Dec 8, 2012
MA
I've seen a few threads asking about color Pomme Vernis so I thought I'd share my experience and a few pictures. I've been using my wallet daily for about 5 years. It's held up great and I just noticed the color transfer after about 3 years, and I'm pretty sure it was from a blue leather pouch I keep in my purse. Good news is that is hasn't gotten worse, but I think I'm cautious of not keeping it near the dark blue pouch. The only other thing that was kept near it was a monogram accessories pouch. Here's a few shots of the color transfer I experience with the Pomme. Hope it helps!

Attachments

Luv Purses

Bag Addict
Jul 1, 2010
Same thing happened to my Vernis Wallet. :sad: I sold it to someone who would love and care for her.

cherrycookies

Nov 21, 2012
thanks for sharing! have you tried meltonian leather cleaner & conditioner? read that this is very good though i am not sure if it can definitely help in your case.

purpleboots

Dec 8, 2012
MA
No, I haven't tried anything. I feel it's more noticeable in the pictures than in person unless I'm looking for it. My friend got the same wallet in the white, and her color transfer was awful! The whole thing turned brownish color and she took it to LV and they told her that nothing could help it and it had seeped in and would be permanent so I figured there was no hope. I love the Pomme color, but would probably stick to Amarante in the future.

NWGal

May 25, 2012
Oregon
I appreciate you posting the pictures! Since I'm new to vernis do I need to worry about my de wallet against my cosmetic case or should that be ok?

melovepurse

super bag hag
O.G.
Jul 17, 2007
CA
How disappointing!! I love the Vernis wallets but it seems one must be careful what goes in the bag with them. I hope you can find a way to clean it off.

purpleboots

Dec 8, 2012
MA
I appreciate you posting the pictures! Since I'm new to vernis do I need to worry about my de wallet against my cosmetic case or should that be ok?
I think against the LV canvas is ok since that is coated too. I'm pretty sure my dark blue leather pouch was the problem.

BarbAga

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
Oh that is to bad. I often worry about the bag organizers and transfer. I am sorry it happened to you

Jan 10, 2011
Oh my! Thanks for sharing the photos. So sorry it happened :hugs: I have a pomme wallet and your post made me realize you can never be too careful. I actual say a woman with an MC black wallet and she kept it in her purse with the dust cover on lol. A little extreme I think but hey we love our babies :smile: