Pictures of Arty's Shoe Service Work

Sorry, I should have clarified! These are pictures of my brand new Lapanos, not my damaged Simple Pumps. This is what the end product is when he resoles a pair of brand new CLs. For before and after pics of my damaged pair check out my other thread, they're pretty amazing too!

WOW
Those look amazing!!!!
Im sooo sending mine there!
I was stupid and sent mine to get done with those ugly thick ones from ebay & now there is a half inch of red you can see from the sides!

WOW
Those look amazing!!!!
Im sooo sending mine there!
I was stupid and sent mine to get done with those ugly thick ones from ebay & now there is a half inch of red you can see from the sides!

I made the same mistake, you live and you learn.

For the lady from the UK, Arty told me that he cuts the rubber himself. He buys it from a rubber wholesaler and then custom fits each shoe. I'm sure you could find the same rubber in the UK.

Chica~ they look amazing!! I am glad it only took one pair of almost ruined louboutins for you to find a great cobbler! I am going to use him for all of mine as well! Thanks!

Oh may I ask what the fee is for him to do this to a new pair of loubies?

I made the same mistake, you live and you learn.

For the lady from the UK, Arty told me that he cuts the rubber himself. He buys it from a rubber wholesaler and then custom fits each shoe. I'm sure you could find the same rubber in the UK.

Chicbabacool,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what I can find here in the UK.

I know it's an obvious assumption to make, so your forgiven ;), but last time I looked I was still a fella. I came on the forum because I was buying my wife, Karen, some CLs and needed information on sizing.

I cannot let her onto this forum yet because there is information about the Palace Zeppas I bought her that she still does not know about. They should arrive from France Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

I have told myself I must stop now as, so far, I have bought her new Cravtouzas, new Drapanovas, lightly used Palace Zeppas (ex. Louboutin Press Office) and used Marcoil Sanpla Sugheros.

Attachments

• Cravtouza.jpg
    Cravtouza.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Brown Drapanova 1.jpg
    Brown Drapanova 1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Palace Zeppa 1.jpg
    Palace Zeppa 1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Marcoil 1.jpg
    Marcoil 1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 182
I know it's an obvious assumption to make, so your forgiven ;), but last time I looked I was still a fella. I came on the forum because I was buying my wife, Karen, some CLs and needed information on sizing.

I have told myself I must stop now as, so far, I have bought her new Cravtouzas, new Drapanovas, lightly used Palace Zeppas (ex. Louboutin Press Office) and used Marcoil Sanpla Sugheros.

I'm so sorry! I had no idea! Well sir, you must be a fantastic husband to come on here to find out more about Louboutins! She will be absolutely floored when you give them to her.

Well, I just looked at the bottoms of my shoes again and the rubber says "Vibram" on it, apparently Vibram must make red rubber! So you must be able to get them somewhere in Europe since that company is European.

I'm so sorry! I had no idea! Well sir, you must be a fantastic husband to come on here to find out more about Louboutins! She will be absolutely floored when you give them to her.

Well, I just looked at the bottoms of my shoes again and the rubber says "Vibram" on it, apparently Vibram must make red rubber! So you must be able to get them somewhere in Europe since that company is European.

Thanks for that information Chicbabacool.

I have found that Vibram is an Italian company. Vibram's web site (www.vibramrepair.com) gives the name of the only two distributors in the UK.

I sent an email to both and one has replied so far. They say that they do not stock it but it can be obtained as a special order. Problem is that it comes in sheets and there would be a minimum order quantity. So I have asked them what is the sheet size, the minimum order amount and the total cost. I am awaiting their response.

I also sent an email to Arty's Shoe Repairs, asking if they could supply the material to me. I have had no response so far.

^I am not chicbabacool but could you possibly contact your local CL shop or store that carry them and ask if they use a specific cobbler to see if your local cobbler offers anything similar

I'm thinking of sending my loubies to Arty's for red soles bacause I can't find any local shoe cobbler that does red soles. Can you tell me the process and cost? I'm scared something might happen to my Suede Lady Gres that is signed my Louboutin! I've read some negative reviews on yelp.com for Arty's and that didn't give me much confidance in having Arty's do my shoes.
Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated!

Well, I am getting somewhere at last. I have found a distributor, here in the UK, who can supply 1/2 soles, IN RED, with a thickness of 1.8mm. The material looks identical to the soles of your shoes that Arty repaired.

They can do 1.0mm thick but they sent me a sample of the 1.8mm, in Black, and that looks fine. I think the 1.0mm thick would not be very long lasting.

My only problem now is that they do have a minimum order quantity and the lead time is upto 6 weeks.

In the near future I may be in a position to supply these soles to members, here in the UK, that are looking to have red sole replacements. I could send them to members in the USA but I am not sure if the shipping cost would make it a viable proposition for you.

As soon as I have these soles I will send photos of 'before' and 'after' on the Palace Zeppas and the Marcoil Sanpla Sugheros.

chicbabacool - thanks for the initial information, it is very much appreciated :flowers:.

Well, I am getting somewhere at last. I have found a distributor, here in the UK, who can supply 1/2 soles, IN RED, with a thickness of 1.8mm. The material looks identical to the soles of your shoes that Arty repaired.

They can do 1.0mm thick but they sent me a sample of the 1.8mm, in Black, and that looks fine. I think the 1.0mm thick would not be very long lasting.

My only problem now is that they do have a minimum order quantity and the lead time is upto 6 weeks.

In the near future I may be in a position to supply these soles to members, here in the UK, that are looking to have red sole replacements. I could send them to members in the USA but I am not sure if the shipping cost would make it a viable proposition for you.

As soon as I have these soles I will send photos of 'before' and 'after' on the Palace Zeppas and the Marcoil Sanpla Sugheros.

chicbabacool - thanks for the initial information, it is very much appreciated :flowers:.

oooh!!! that's so lovely! i live in Singapore and would love to have red soles too! my cobbler joked about having them painted in red for me but obviously that wouldn't do! :nogood: