Pictures: Brooke in Quartz

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
Here she is...small size. Color is VERY different from the website...surprise, surprise. I love, love, love the leather..it is kind of sparkly like the Madison but probably cannot see in the pictures. But the leather is softer than Madison and more "broken in". About the size of a small Carly or Zoe. I think Coach missed the boat on the hardware for this...would have looked much better in silver or rosegold hardware. The hardware, seems more gold than the typical brass and the hw kind of goes KAPOW!! you can see this more in person. Wish it were antiqued or more subdued. I also think the hw feels a bit hollow, especially the clip. I am a little bothered by this so not sure if I am keeping her. I hate this because I love the color, the leather and the shape. Bag is very light weight and easy to carry, which I guess is the tradeoff for the lighter hardware :smile: The small drop straps do not bother me. I like the breast cancer ribbon on the flip side of the Coach tag. What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_3240.jpg
    IMG_3240.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_3241.jpg
    IMG_3241.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_3247.jpg
    IMG_3247.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
I'm loving the Brooke a lot!! But if you're not crazy about the hardware already it could really end up bothering you down the line. It's funny, I was looking at one of the signature bags last night and was wondering if the hardware was too much for fabric... guess it's all what you focus on! :biggrin:

Love your pics! I got the large eggplant Brooke last night, and I agree with you about the leather . . . so much better than I thought--very soft and beautiful! I like the hardware against the purple (it was one of the things I found most appealing). I looked at the quartz at the boutique, and though I liked the color, I wanted it to be a bit darker. Still, a very beautiful bag! Do you like the size?

I was fondling the Brooke:P in Macy's yesterday - my one concern was how thin the leather felt on the strap. I am used to Coach having a substantial strap, so it felt odd to me. But, she is very pretty! And, I loved the wristlet - she looked more like a clutch to me.

Gorgeous, I'm definitely getting the Quartz Brooke, I'm just trying to hold out for the PCE that's supposed to come soon. I love the leather and the color, too. I also thought the hardware was a bit too bright, I would have preferred rosegold or at least antiqued, but it doesn't bother me enough to not get her. She's just a perfect fall bag!

Very pretty. The SA told me that if you purchase this color the month of October 20% of the proceeds goes to breast cancer research. I'm still on the fence with the handles not being removable when wearing the shoulder strap which is what I would use 99% of the time. The color is so pretty.