Pictures: Brooke in Quartz

Well, I took my brooke in eggplant back just earlier today. :sadFelt kind of sad. But the funny brassy colour kept bothering me. I agree, an antiqued or silver would have been beautiful. But the brooke does fit very nicely on the shoulder and tucks in under the arm nicely. And beautiful colours. Will I regret, probably but for $400 I didn't want to worry about the hardware everytime I used the bag.
Exactly...maybe take it back now, and wait until they go to the outlet. Then pay $150 for it. It will most likely be at the outlet by the first of next year anyway.

your pics are of the BC bag? WOW! that IS different from the stock pic!!!! the stock pic is VERY dark and yours (on my screen) looks like a mauve! VERY pretty color but if it's like a SMALL zoe.... that's way too small for me.... i need a medium zoe sized bag!

i saw the siggie brookes in macy*s yesterday and do like the style but think (thought) i'd like the leather ones better.... i'll have to see??????

your pics are of the BC bag? WOW! that IS different from the stock pic!!!! the stock pic is VERY dark and yours (on my screen) looks like a mauve! VERY pretty color but if it's like a SMALL zoe.... that's way too small for me.... i need a medium zoe sized bag!

i saw the siggie brookes in macy*s yesterday and do like the style but think (thought) i'd like the leather ones better.... i'll have to see??????

The smaller Quartz Brooke is actually really close in size to a medium Zoe or a meidum Carly.

I'm thinking I love it...however you are the one who has to love it. If even one thing bothers you about this bag, I'd send it back...if you spend good money on a bag, you should LOVE it. But...I do love it. Do you think you would mind posting modelling pics? I haven't seen it modelled w/ the shorter straps yet.

Edit: so you are saying the hw looks sort of cheap...hmm...that would probably hinder me from keeping it too....I wish I had a boutique around here so I could check it out myself!!! Gah! It looks so nice and smooshy though! TBH..it doesn't look that much different from my Julianne, especially if the straps are only long enough to be hand held!

I don't think the hardware looks cheap, though it's smaller and more lightweight than say the Carly hardware. The ball chain feels cheap but looks normal. But the hardware just looks wrong, like it doesn't match this bag. IMO when you look at a bag the first thing you should notice is the color and shape, on the Brooke the hardware kind of jumps out at you.

oh i am soo confused with all these coach drilldown pics and the bag irl..
quartz? seriously, i have no idea of what colour that is!
i wish it'd be a slight darker.. or richer shade if i might add..
for now, it's not my cup of tea..
and yeah, i can see what u mean by the hardware..
maybe coach should make it in chain straps to add some 'bling' to it..

Yeah the hardware seems more gold than brass....a really shiny, blinding gold. This bag would totally rock with rosegold hardware, antique gold, & I may be able to see it in silver or gunmetal...or heck even the standard Coach brass....it is very different from what we are used to seeing from Coach even though they call it brass. It is such a damn shame because the bag would be perfect if not for that. Definitely lighter than Carly which had some heavy duty hardware. I don't carry my bags on the shoulder but would use the shoulder strap and let it drop from my arm rather than the smaller straps. Will try to post modeling pics tomorrow.

I don't think the hardware looks cheap, though it's smaller and more lightweight than say the Carly hardware. The ball chain feels cheap but looks normal. But the hardware just looks wrong, like it doesn't match this bag. IMO when you look at a bag the first thing you should notice is the color and shape, on the Brooke the hardware kind of jumps out at you.

I really like the Brooke...I tried on the eggplant today and it's gorgeous! For some reason it seems to slouch better than the quartz and black versions...but, I digress!

If you can live without it--meaning that if it never shows up at the outlets because it sells out--then take it back. There are too many new bags coming out in the next couple of months to spend $$ on one that isn't true luv!

BTW, I do agree that Coach has been cost cutting across the board on the bags...the Maggie--which I have and love--is a much thinner patent leather than the Zoe or Ergos. But, I get past these sorts of things because I love the design!

I really love the color...I am a pink girl and have wanted a bag in this shade. However, I might hold on to it for awhile (tags on) and decide. There are some very nice bags coming out that I am excited about so we'll see :smile:

At least from your pics, I don't think I care for the color contrast of the hardware to the leather either, but that's just me. I'm spoiled by the Zoes. I've never seen the Brooke IRL, though.