Picture of my new Work (Violet) and City (Jaune)

Gorgeous! :love: :heart: Congrats!
Since I don't want my handles to darken, I always use my cities w/the strap. :yes: I've never had any problems at all. I think your friend just had a defective part on her bag? I'm glad they were able to fix it, though and I think you should not have to worry about using your strap.
I carry a ton in my bags, and is much more comfortable to me if I wear it by the strap. It also comes in handy when you want your hands to be free. :smile:

Hi, here are my new purchases (ill-timed since I was supposed to be on a purse ban after buying 2 bottega bags and a wallet four days earlier). :shame: But I just love the colors, it's so TDF!!!

Anyway, I have a question for those who own a city or a part-time. My friend carried her city using the shoulder strap and it broke while she was crossing the street (it was very embarassing for her - someone asked her if her bag was a fake!!). Has anyone ever had that experience?

Gorgeous bags!! Yes, I had a very similar experience with my BI day bag. The stud came unscrewed and my bag hit the ground. The stud was lost. I had to carry my bag under my arm the entire day!!! :cursing: Took it right back to NM and they were great about giving a refund. I know now to check the studs as I didn't realize they were actually screwed together. So, I make sure to tighten them occasionally. I'll admit, I felt like a damn fool since my friend was teasing me the entire day about how her $20.00 bag holds up just fine!!! Grrrr!!!!!!!!