Picture of Chanel "Naked Bag"

I'd never buy one either, but this was the idea behind it...

From Women's Wear Daily several weeks ago:

O SAY CAN YOU SEE?: Leave it to Karl Lagerfeld to react quickly to changes in modern life - even troubling ones - and find a positively chic solution. When a terror scare in London last month evoked a ban on liquid items and gels on airplanes, forcing some passengers to tote carry-on items in clear plastic bags, the designer had a better idea. He dreamed up the "Naked Bag" for Chanel, transparent but with a subtle quilting pattern, dark piping and signature chain handles. Although an important vacation month in France, Lagerfeld said he "had the Chanel factories opened to have them made in a second..." Available in a variety of sizes and styles, the clearly modern accessories are slated to arrive in Chanel boutiques soon.

Oh. Okay - makes sense. I still don't like it though. Wonder if it'll fly. (pardon the pun - completely freudian!)

haha, my first thought was that this would be great for airplane trips- much better than carrying a plastic baggy! i'm glad to see karl and i see eye to eye. lol!

aaah, perfect for dept store employees:yes: they usually have to carry clear handbags.

OMG yes!!! I was totally thinking that too!!! No offense but what weirdo would think of this? Watch... I bet it will start flying off the shelves!!!!:lol::lol: Okay ooops just read the top post!!! I guess the weirdo would be Karl Lagerfeld and I guess it will start "flying" off the shelves..:lol::lol: