Pics Of Used Birkins In Swift Please?

claravi

I want more and more
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
Hi! After getting some oppinions about the colour for a new birkin, I have decided for a red one. But now I wonder if going for a swift one will be a bad idea after using it as an every day bag.
I would appreciate to see your used bags in swift. A member who owns a red in swift told me that she doesn't use it as much as her togo, because she fears to get it full of scratches.
What do you think? The ones who have a swift Birkin, do you think you should have gone for a grained leather instead?? :confused1:
Please you post pisc!
Thanks!!!;)

I don't have an all-swift bag, just a toile/swift lindy that I haven't used yet. But I think someone posted that scratches can't be rubbed out of swift like with some leathers. That being said, I just scratched my togo birkin. I think with any bag, you are going to get dings, rubs etc if you really use it alot.

my swift bags do get stratched easily by 1)me bumping into things (clumsy)
2)my dogs stepping over my bags 3)my nails! but its a bag...so if you love it, get it & wear it!
The first stratch maybe painful..but soon after, you won't feel a thing!
And sorry I do not have pictures to show you.

Hi Claravi,

these are pics of my Bolide, it's used but it's relatively new still. I got it last May and used it heavily over summer, both on rainy and sunny days plus it survived a few airplane rides and the dogs running over it :shame: I don't baby my bags but all I can see on this one is that it's gotten a little floppier. I'll go see if I can find a pic of it new.

Attachments

• DSC00606.JPG
    DSC00606.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00608.JPG
    DSC00608.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00609.JPG
    DSC00609.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00610.JPG
    DSC00610.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00611.JPG
    DSC00611.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 171
my swift bags do get stratched easily by 1)me bumping into things (clumsy)
2)my dogs stepping over my bags 3)my nails! but its a bag...so if you love it, get it & wear it!
The first stratch maybe painful..but soon after, you won't feel a thing!
And sorry I do not have pictures to show you.

thanks a lot for your advise!:tup:

Hi Claravi,

these are pics of my Bolide, it's used but it's relatively new still. I got it last May and used it heavily over summer, both on rainy and sunny days plus it survived a few airplane rides and the dogs running over it :shame: I don't baby my bags but all I can see on this one is that it's gotten a little floppier. I'll go see if I can find a pic of it new.
thanks a lot. your bag is just beautiful. :drool:i'm happy tosee that it looks new, and that you don't regret having chosen that leather!

Hi Claravi

These are a couple of birkins in swift, a black 30 which I've had for a little over a year and have used daily for months at a time, and a turquoise 35 which was on my arm all summer - neither received any babying. Both have made several transatlantic trips in the overhead locker inside a Longchamp bag. I still use the black on an almost daily basis, but the turquoise has been spending the fall tucked into its box and stuffed with its original plastic pillows.

They each have a few scratches, but I find that these generally rub off and those that remain aren't really that visible unless I really look for them.

20071124086.jpg

20071124088.jpg

Hope that helps! Good luck! I'll bet a vermillion swift bag will look stunning.

[edit] My SA actually had to convince me to take the black one. At the time I remember being unsure about getting it, but now I can't imagine a day without it.