Pics of my new to me Taupe Stam

rorosity

O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
So, here it is...finally. After one auction I won fell through, I found another 2005 original Stam in Icy Taupe leather. I had it authenticated here on TPF, so I feel pretty good that it is authentic. These original Stams look kind of different than the newer Stams. It's kind of difficult to be 100% sure!

Attachments

• smalltaupe4.JPG
    smalltaupe4.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 57
  • smalltaupe2.JPG
    smalltaupe2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 59
  • smalltaupe1.JPG
    smalltaupe1.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for reassuring metadpole. You know, I wore the new bag out tonight and I was with my husband and some friends of ours at a local wine bar. We were having a really good time, but I kept catching myself staring at my bag and petting that icy leather! I felt like a kook, but that leather is really unusual and it has such a different feel to it. I wish Marc would bring that leather back. I always wonder why the details we love so much are now discontinued. You'd think that they would realize what a high demand there is for these things and reissue them.

I have 7 Stams Luvpurses...yes, I know it is ridiculous. I can't help it. I love that bag.

gorgeous roro - so glad you went for it! I have three stams and my 1st season Petrol is by far by absolute favorite one! That leather is so wonderfully soft -- so many times I would just grab it in my hand and "scrunch" it up!! It's so wonderful to touch! I also loved to carry that bag in my hand (instead of on my arm) -- since the handles are a little smaller you can really feel how wonderfully soft they are!! and don't even get me started on that suede lining -- aaahhh!!

BTW -- did you find that it was actually lighter than your 6 other stams?