Pics of my feathered friends

I just read the title of your thread and said to my daughter, "Hey! You wanna look at Kat's birds"? Then I realized how FUNNY that sounded! Kat's birds (Cat's birds). Get it?!!

Okayyyy......anyway, they are adorable! The second picture is way too cute! Thanks for the photos!

Pradasmeadow said:
I want a parrot but my husband said there too noisy.:cry:

LISTEN TO HIM! lol my mom raises parrots we have a separate breeding barn and everything and they are VERY loud i dont think people really understand how loud they can be... its enough to drive anyone crazy (which could explain a lot of stuff about me :lol:)

very nice pics! i really want to get a pair of rose breasted cockatoos right now we have umbrellas and moluccans and we use to have sulfur crested which are my faves but i never had a rose breasted i think they are so pretty but since we had a bad experience w/ an umbrella my mom is iffy about adding more cockatoos :rolleyes: i love birds i think they are so unique... are they the only ones you have??

Your birds are too cute...Do they want a friend???
Here is my baby,,,,, his name is Mr. Bird:heart:
DSC00039_00-1.jpg

DSC00038_00-1.jpg

^^ aww i love my grey he is my favorite (he was our first) his name is porky pork i have to dig up a pic of him they talk so well! he calls the dogs yells at them to go lay down rings like the phone beeps like the answering machine/microwave lol they are such clowns! he even screams OW when he bites you a little bit... does yours talk a lot??

Awww... Kat, they are so precious! I so want a couple of birds, but my hubby won't let me. I love them.

For people with birds, what happens to them when you go for a trip? I only have dogs, and they get the kennel with doggy day camp.

Kat -- Your birds are soooo cute!! I love their colors and their faces. Great pics! Thanks for sharing!!

BalenciagaLove -- When I was young, I used to help my neighbor take care of his cockatoo whenever him and his wife went on vacation. I'd go over everyday to change the water and papers and give him food.

BalenciagaLove said:
Awww... Kat, they are so precious! I so want a couple of birds, but my hubby won't let me. I love them.

For people with birds, what happens to them when you go for a trip? I only have dogs, and they get the kennel with doggy day camp.

well i know for me bc we have about 40ish birds, she have a woman who comes to the house to feed them everyday but we also have horses so she comes to let them in and out but its hard to find places that deal with birds even in terms of vets a lot of vets are trained for birds in fact i think in nj there are only 2 aviary cert. vets. we send our dogs to the kennel too but i dont think there are bird kennels... that would be an interesting thought though

^^^ Abaglover, Marspalm: Thanks. It's good to know, so there's hope for me afterall!

I saw a woman with a leash on her cockatoo today, taking it for a "walk". I didn't know that they made leashes for birds until today.

the harnesses are funny they even make birdies diapers! which can be helpful trust me but my birds would never let me put it on them

here are some pics: the first two are diapers they call "flightsuits" and the third is a harness

Attachments

• Precious2.jpg
    Precious2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
  • birddiapers.jpg
    birddiapers.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 14
  • flightsuit.jpg
    flightsuit.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 17