pics of mulberry phoebe bag from saks

star3777 said:
Just want to say ...it's pretty gorgeous, no? I love the design so much,it's really classic and I think will last a long time.

it is a really great design. anyone have any comments on it being made in turkey?

I don't see a "glove leather" on their web site for the phoebe and the stitching is brown on the choco. Hummm...there no question that's it's legit but just different from the Darwin leather. My Bayswater is Darwin leather which is much smoother than the glove. Still it's a lovely bag it's just a matter of your preference. As you said sleep on it; it's really beautiful and your pics are great. I see the photographer in you. :biggrin: I don't know a thing about where it's made; I assumed they were made in England but I guess they are out sourcing as well. My tag say EU 05 whatever that means.

fayden said:
oh that's a good point. it does say glove. i'm gonna sleep on it.

I actually like this leather better....the Darwin leather scratches verrry easily. I saw another one today that had just been put out, and it had scratches.

I wouldn't mind scratches due to that is the nature of the Darwin leather....but I want to be the one to put them there, not another customer! LOL

Ginger: thanks! i love taking pics of bags. of anything.

Bjara: that's a good point. i would hate to have a bag scratched up easily.

Can anyone confirm if the Darwin is made in Italy? i just emailed mulberry to see if they did make this bag in pebbled white stitching. will let you know what they say.

fayden said:
it is a really great design. anyone have any comments on it being made in turkey?

My sister works in England with the company that owns 51% of Mulberry and I'm pretty sure she has mentioned that they manufacture some of their bags in Turkey.

Hi Fayden! I also just received my Mulberry bag from Saks today - Roxanne (although does not specifically say so) in Gunmetal. It also says "Matt Glove" and "Made in Turkey". I do like it - a little shinny, but happy with the price. :biggrin:

By the way, this is my first post. I love this site!

Most of the Roxy's and Phoebe's say "made in Turkey". Greenie called Bobellis and was told that the leather is made in Italy then the bag is sewn elsewhere and then it is sent back to London to be finished.
I believe it has always been this way; the "made in" tag means nothing if you like the bag. I will say that Darwin leather is supple and beautiful but it attracts scuffs like my wood floors attract dog hair.
In short, I think all Mulberry leather is primo (glove, darwin, saddle, etc) - for me, I would ask myself if I minded the top-stitching; since on instant recognition it does not look like the Mulberry's which were globally marketed.

I really like it...I think it's classic and a very beautiful brown. Everyone one the forum seems to have really nice brown bags. I've been searching for one for a long time, but can't seem to find one to love. I don't own any brown bags :sad2: , lots of black and other colors.

So I opened up my box and I must say I wasn't thrilled...The stitching is dark brown and not white and the leather is darwin. I like the bag and the style but when I opened it up and saw it for the first time I was giddy like when I first opened and saw my IF Audra. That time I was jumping up and down but for the phoebe I kept looking in the mirror deciding if I like it or not. That little hesitation makes me think I shouldn't keep it.

Munchkyn said:
So I opened up my box and I must say I wasn't thrilled...The stitching is dark brown and not white and the leather is darwin. I like the bag and the style but when I opened it up and saw it for the first time I was giddy like when I first opened and saw my IF Audra. That time I was jumping up and down but for the phoebe I kept looking in the mirror deciding if I like it or not. That little hesitation makes me think I shouldn't keep it.

hmmm..... sleep on it. I hate when that happens, often those very bags grow on me.

BR does that too: They say on their site, "Made from ITALIAN LEATHER" and then the label says Made in China.

I dunno, the bag is nice, I like the white stitching too, but having seen the Phoebe, they're comparible to BR's leather bags that go for only about $150 or so. I don't think Mulberry can justify what they charge for it, but that's just me. That much for "Made in Turkey?" I dunno. Even Coach doesn't have that kinda nerve.

And your photos are amazing! I'm also a photographer, we should get together and do a shoot one day. Where are you located?