*PICS!* My new black baby Coco Cabas & Cambon wallet!

Well after debating and reading others' responses regarding the links issue, I decided that the baby coco cabas is going back- I think the link being separated is a defect and just can't live with it the way it is. :crybaby:

I would think Chanel would have better quality control since (according to those who have the baby cabas) some of these bags have open links and some are closed. :shrugs:

I wish I could have seen the bag in person so I could inspect it but that was not possible.

Now I have to decide what other bag I want.....:Push:

sammiekat, your post had me wondering about all of my Chanel bags chain links and lo and behold, after checking each bag, found that all four links on my beloved black deerskin Luxury bowler have these separations as well. They are much smaller separations than on your Cabas but darn, for the price I paid, I expect Chanel to have soldered them closed! And because the links are not as thick as the the Cabas I worry they could open up. I've had my bowler since last August and although it isn't an everyday bag, I haven't babied it when in use.

I still think you are making the right decision though since the openings on your links look quite large and while they probably won't open further, it looks like the leather piece could slip through. And, your mind will never rest when carrying the bag, always wondering if the chain will break.

I would try to find another and ask the s/a to check the links before sending it to you.

sammiekat, your post had me wondering about all of my Chanel bags chain links and lo and behold, after checking each bag, found that all four links on my beloved black deerskin Luxury bowler have these separations as well. They are much smaller separations than on your Cabas but darn, for the price I paid, I expect Chanel to have soldered them closed! And because the links are not as thick as the the Cabas I worry they could open up. I've had my bowler since last August and although it isn't an everyday bag, I haven't babied it when in use.

I still think you are making the right decision though since the openings on your links look quite large and while they probably won't open further, it looks like the leather piece could slip through. And, your mind will never rest when carrying the bag, always wondering if the chain will break.

I would try to find another and ask the s/a to check the links before sending it to you.

Thanks for your post!
I guess we all have to do a 'link check' now lol.

Yeah, I know I would always be wondering if the strap would come off the leather loop and it would drive me crazy.:Push:

I guess you could send your bowler to Chanel and have them repair it- I don't know if you could return it after so long but maybe if it is indeed a defect??:shrugs:

My links are pretty far apart and one is really off not even aligned so I was pretty disappointed when I noticed this. :crybaby: