* BAL HARBOUR *
SATCHEL
C363012
14.5 x 8.5 x 6"
$1275USD
Colors: Black, Eggshell, Army Green, Canary, Moccasin, Turquoise

(source: net-a-porter)
BAL HARBOUR Satchel in Army Green

Khaki leather shoulder bag with large detachable gold chain. Marc Jacobs bag has a faux signature buckle on the front, ruched leather, a chunky zip fastening pocket in the centre with open pockets either side and clasps to detach the chain.

A classic style to hold all you'd need for day. Shown here with Christian Louboutin shoes, a Vanessa Bruno top, a Milly dress and Jovovich-Hawk leggings.

index.jpg

fr.jpg

bk.jpg

cu.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Your thoughts on this bag? =)

MJ store in LA received Black & Eggshell first, they sold out of Eggshell and have very limited numbers of Black left. Other colors are arriving in stores now.

I saw the olive at SF MJ several weeks bag and really liked the color. This bag did not feel as heavy as many MJ bags (especially without the chain) and the straps fit over the shoulder nicely. Also has plenty of compartments to keep things organized. The only minor negative I noticed was if you want to carry over the shoulder using the chain, the straps won't lay flat. They are "stuck" in the upright position.

i personally am not a fan of the design. Maybe because i'm so used to the traditional MJ bags, i don't really care for the round buckles + chain strap. The overall design is just too common for me. For that price, i'd rather go with the Hudson. But that's just me ;)

^ BAL HARBOUR line has canvas lining, Hudson (especially MJ boutique version) is worth its price tag more for sure. I would say leather lined Hudson & suede lined Stam are worth every penny.

I am told this style is selling very well at MJ boutiques, there's no hope for sale. MJ styles were never on sale in the past; as a result of recent sales, everyone's hoping that all styles go on sale. No wishful thinking ladies.

I tried Black & Eggshell in the store, it does go over the shoulder. =)
With the stuffings removed, it's not as structured as shown.

This is growing on me, but I'm not quite sure about the round buckles & wide leather straps. Like Zoinksta, I am used to MJ's traditional bags.

Valerieb, do you like black or green for this bag? I have only seen 3 colors in real life (black, eggshell, moccasin). Canary is yellow (not as versatile to me) so it's ruled out.

I saw the olive at SF MJ several weeks bag and really liked the color. This bag did not feel as heavy as many MJ bags (especially without the chain) and the straps fit over the shoulder nicely. Also has plenty of compartments to keep things organized. The only minor negative I noticed was if you want to carry over the shoulder using the chain, the straps won't lay flat. They are "stuck" in the upright position.

i tried on this bag at Saks today, they had black and ivory (is that the eggshell?). Man, the chains are really heavy! It does fit over the shoulder, but i was wearing a coat so it was a little uncomfortable for me.

i tried on this bag at Saks today, they had black and ivory (is that the eggshell?). Man, the chains are really heavy! It does fit over the shoulder, but i was wearing a coat so it was a little uncomfortable for me.
Thanks for test driving the bag zoinksta, good to know the chains are heavy.

I love the mannequin's outfit!