Picotin Pronunciation

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am dying over this bag and going into the H store to take a look at it today but not sure I am saying it correctly??? I don't want to be mortified when I ask the SA to see the bag. How do you pronounce 'PICOTIN' correctly? TIA!:confused1:

2. "Pee-ko-tuh(n)" with the "n" nasal but soft - I don't know if this makes sense, sorry!

3. #3 Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
    Click this.

Select "French - Claire" or "French - Julie" from the "Select a voice" menu.

Enter picotin in the text field and press "Say it!"

4. ^
    I Loved to play around with those back in the days when they were new. =P (and I was a bit younger. =P )

5. allanrvj, The above is a very good tool. :tup:

Thanks!

6. OMG this link is fabulous!!!! Thank you soooo much, Allan!!!

7. you're welcome, ladies. ;)

8. Try to type in "hermes"!

9. Or "birkin"... Sounded like bacon! LOL

10. "hermes" should be typed as "Hermès" to get the right pronounciation. :P

11. I just bookmarked this translation site. Thank you allanrvj!

12. OMG...Thnx Allanrvj &VaniallaSkye...So helpful!!! I love the 'live' pronunciation guide...so cool :urock:

13. This is BRILLIANT, especially for french dummies like me! thank you so much allan, you are a doll!!!

14. Thanks Allan! A very very useful resource, we should actually make this thread stick! :biggrin:

15. wow...it works thanks! I get so freakin' tongue twisted with these Frence words! THANKS!:tup: