Picotin, oui ou non?

Gosh, I believe the Picotin comes in PM, MM, GM and TGM. Paging Sarah-girl! I think Sarah had a TGM a few years back. This size is nice and large and the handles actually fit over your shoulder. My Picotin is orange clemence (PM size, of course) and I adore it. Of all the H bags I carry, this one gets the most compliments!

Hi, Sorry I have been sick with an ear infection, and not been able to get online much. But of course you are correct Sue, great memory!!
I no longer have the TGM (tres grand modele) I only have a GM, which does fit comfortably over my shoulders and I am 5'10".
The TGM is really quite a large bag. It was actually featured in the men's section and when I used it, it was primarily as a carry-on. It was quite useful for this purpose, as it fits everything well, and folds up easily. I might be able to scrounge up a picture of the TGM somewhere if needed.

crochetbella, you look great!
funnyredhead, i love that color combo! there was recently one on eBay in ebene/fuchsia that sounded heavenly.
sarah-girl, i would love to see pics of the gm and tgm (i am a big bag girl).

thanks to everyone for all the help! unfortunately, i caved and bought another bolide so the picotin will have to wait for a few months.

I totally understand Bolide-love as well!! I only have pictures of my GM on hand, because it is the one that I currently own, so I will upload those while I search my hard-drive for the pictures of the TGM. (I hope this works...)

BareniaCanvasPicotinGM002.jpg

BareniaCanvasPicotinFORSALE.jpg

Yes, it is toile/barenia and a few years ago it was a SO from Paris....with a long story behind it. I don't have the dimensions on hand, but will get them for you --- It is my favorite size, becaue it goes over my arm easily, with about a 6" drop. I have a picture of the GMs vs. the TGM (I used to own more Picotins than I currently do now and so that may help.
I can measure it later/tomorrow in order to get it exact.

Okay, here is the one picture of the TGM I have on hand --- but I can search for others. This is a picture of a Blue Jean Clemence GM Picotin, an Ebene Togo TGM Picotin and then the Barenia/Toile GM.....the Barenia/Toile is the only one I still have, but I really do miss the TGM a bit, it was really useful.

PicotinsGalore003.jpg

First of all, I apologize for the pics -- I am not at all good with my camera, as so many of the ladies are. And these are really just pictures that I am scrounging up!
I don't think that you would have any trouble whatsoever finding a GM. However, I do think that the TGM is quite rare. I have heard from time to time that it was no longer manufactured any longer, but then did hear of people coming across one. I actually would like another TGM, however for my tastes, the GM in clemence was just too slouchy. The toile does keep its shape a bit better. But, a Picotin GM, would not be a problem to find at all, in my experience although it might not be on the shelves, it is often in stock.

Nice collection Sarah-girl! I love the Picotin!

Does anybody know what the name Picotin refers to? I have been trying to find out but unsuccessfully.
Hi, hello, well you'll love this bit of trivia. Picotin, I believe, translates to "to pick". It is based on a feedbag for horses, with the handles going over the ears. Horses must eat little meals all day, hence, the phrase "to pick" or picking.