Picotin or Piccolo??

witwit

O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
Hi guys!

After a long pause from buying every H, I came across a cute bag from Tod's called D-bag in Piccolo (i believe it means small size?) yesterday at the shop.

So I'm thinking whether i should buy?? I always want everyday bag which I need only wallet and phone like Picotin, but am looking for the right size and color .... Anyway, after seeing this D-bag, i kinda like it coz it has a strap (can do cross body) and the price is half of Picotin's :P

What do you think? Will I regret not buying H afterwards?! Looking forward to hearing what you think. Thx you so much :flowers:

Hi guys!

After a long pause from buying every H, I came across a cute bag from Tod's called D-bag in Piccolo (i believe it means small size?) yesterday at the shop.

So I'm thinking whether i should buy?? I always want everyday bag which I need only wallet and phone like Picotin, but am looking for the right size and color .... Anyway, after seeing this D-bag, i kinda like it coz it has a strap (can do cross body) and the price is half of Picotin's :P

What do you think? Will I regret not buying H afterwards?! Looking forward to hearing what you think. Thx you so much :flowers:

If I were you I would regret getting a Tod's...because I love the Picotin!! I love H leather and colors, truly distinctive...I think that's the main difference.

The Picotin is a great relaxed casual weekend bag for carrying just a few things. If you want you could tie a matching twilly or small scarf around the handles of the Picotin to give yourself the option to shoulder carry the Picotin (for the times when you need hands free) - prob can't go crossbody without it looking a bit awkward...

For my two cents worth, if I were you, I'd regret buying the Tods. I used to have some Tods bags before I came over to the H side. It may be different now, but you do notice the difference in quality. The more 'natural' looking Tods leathers (ie not the laminated or patent ones) scuff more easily and can look beaten up after a short time. That was true for two of my bags (one D bag, one G bag): those two are still with a reseller, who's unable to sell the bags even after a number of months. If you want the Tods as an everyday, throw around, get beaten up, throw away sort of bag, then fine. But the difference in quality between Tods and H is huge.

I don't have a picotin myself but do have the H Goodnews PM, which is a small cross body bag (about a PM picotin size), really good for weeekends and, in clemence, fairly sturdy. I don't see it in boutiques that often, but do keep a lookout for it.

aethra21, plumtree
Thx you so much for your comments. I will keep looking for my perfect combo Picotin then. :biggrin:

Sometimes, I can't help to feel H isn't match my everyday lifestyle, eventhough I have many H bags to choose from ... birkin is quite heavy, kelly is difficult to open and close, my etoupe bolide is too boring, my tabac Evelyne and orange Garden Party are for weekend (style and color wise), KP is for evening.

You see ... I need something in between, a real everyday bag (light and easy to use). What will you recommend? Another H bag like Picotin, or going for Bottega or other brands?:confused1:

Thx u so much! :flowers:

aethra21, plumtree
Thx you so much for your comments. I will keep looking for my perfect combo Picotin then. :biggrin:

Sometimes, I can't help to feel H isn't match my everyday lifestyle, eventhough I have many H bags to choose from ... birkin is quite heavy, kelly is difficult to open and close, my etoupe bolide is too boring, my tabac Evelyne and orange Garden Party are for weekend (style and color wise), KP is for evening.

You see ... I need something in between, a real everyday bag (light and easy to use). What will you recommend? Another H bag like Picotin, or going for Bottega or other brands?:confused1:

Thx u so much! :flowers:

hmmm..have you considered the lindy or victoria or so kelly?

i find the lindy really easy to use (shoulder, hand held, elbow carry and easy to get in and out of, the side pockets are useful)..only drawback is the shape is not meant to fit A4 documents and my macbook air....

i don't own a victoria but it is lighter than others as it is not lined with leather and also useful for everyday if you need to carry documents/laptop etc...shoulder carry is difficult if you wear jackets or coats all the time..

so kelly can be useful for documents/laptop, carried close to the body, can leave straps undone, and can also be worn messenger style..

or alternatively getting a birkin 35 in a lighter leather like box/epsom/chevre?

OMG an etoupe bolide is not boring at all! The best thing I ever did was to buy a short shoulder strap from my boutique for my 31 bolide. It allows the bolide to be carried on the shoulder, or you could get a longer one for cross body. Its amazing and I use my bolide so much more! Also, the bag I reach for for work days is my stain So Kelly. It's not the first H bag I'd have picked, but now I have it, I realise how practical it is! Good luck!

Here's a pic of my rouge g 31 bolide with short shoulder strap. Just to give you an idea that it's possible to get more wear out of one of your existing bags with a shoulder strap! I was lucky enough to get the strap by way of a happy accident: it had been ordered but the client did not want it. It's actually rouge H, but from a distance, you would not know! I'd love an etoupe bolide....:P

Attachments

• IMG_2786 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_2786 - Version 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 339
hmmm..have you considered the lindy or victoria or so kelly?

i find the lindy really easy to use (shoulder, hand held, elbow carry and easy to get in and out of, the side pockets are useful)..only drawback is the shape is not meant to fit A4 documents and my macbook air....

i don't own a victoria but it is lighter than others as it is not lined with leather and also useful for everyday if you need to carry documents/laptop etc...shoulder carry is difficult if you wear jackets or coats all the time..

so kelly can be useful for documents/laptop, carried close to the body, can leave straps undone, and can also be worn messenger style..

or alternatively getting a birkin 35 in a lighter leather like box/epsom/chevre?

chincac
You remind me that there are more H models that I have to explore! ... I used to have Lindy though, but it's 34. It's a bit big for my frame, so I already sold it. Thx u so much for your input.

Plumtree, so beautiful :cloud9: Bolide is such a wonderful H bag.

Witwit, a MM Picotin is a very easy and cute bag (but it's an open bag).

I think like Chincac that you have to try the Lindy.I didn't love the bag at first, but now I use it almost every day.

Here's a pic of my rouge g 31 bolide with short shoulder strap. Just to give you an idea that it's possible to get more wear out of one of your existing bags with a shoulder strap! I was lucky enough to get the strap by way of a happy accident: it had been ordered but the client did not want it. It's actually rouge H, but from a distance, you would not know! I'd love an etoupe bolide....:P

Plumtree
Thx u so much for your action pic! You look great with your Rouge Garrance bolide, it's one of my favorite color. Short strap for my bolide31 is a great idea, i'll find one if possible. I might have to dress it up with bag charm or twilly to make it less formal then. Thx again :smile:

Plumtree, so beautiful :cloud9: Bolide is such a wonderful H bag.

Witwit, a MM Picotin is a very easy and cute bag (but it's an open bag).

I think like Chincac that you have to try the Lindy.I didn't love the bag at first, but now I use it almost every day.

FrenchSandra
I have to try 30 Lindy next time I visit H store and see whether it calls my name :smile: Thx u!!

I still have a lot of Tod's. They are fair trade for the quality what you pay for. The only downside is that leather tends to be too weak on water or rain and they get stained too easily. The quality difference is huge between H and T, and the so is the price difference we have to remember.

plumtree said:

Love your bolide! I'm inspired to get one (with a shoulder strap too).

Witwit, I love my 30 Lindy and it's a great everyday bag. I also love the so Kelly (although my poor bag is in spa now as I had an awful color transfer and do I miss it!). I agree that although the So Kelly wasn't at the top of my list I have found it to be nice casual yet still classy (but maybe not so dressy) bag to carry and it really grew on me as well.

Agree with Aethra about the So Kelly, which is one of these bags that you have to try on to like. It's a practical bag more than it is elegant. The pros are: slim profile and easy to shoulder carry, easy on public transport as there are no outjutting corners to jostle, has that nice open pocket at the top for your phone and transport cards. It's deep but you can overcome that 'black hole' feeling with a purse organiser. Love that bag!