Picnics - are they outdated?

I hope it's not outdated, because then I'd be extremely outdated :P
I just went on a picnic with my family on Sunday, we drove out to the hills and found a nice green spot, had lunch then a wander and then home we went. I'm the eldest of the four kids (we range from 16-22) and we all still really enjoy it... my friends and I try and do it during our holidays too, it's one of my favourite activities :biggrin:

Our last picnic I did with my friends is one of my favourite memories... 'old school' activities are the best!

DH and I have one on a pretty day once a year or so. We got a great picnic basket with china and glassware as a wedding gift. The important part is the bottle of wine!

We don't get to do it frequently as a couple, but it's so fun. Blanket, wine, nice weather. And this is what I was going to say, there's some adorable baskets out there these days.

A picnic can be a simple way to have a really good time, if you plan it to honor your guest. Pack a good wine (or their favorite beverage), use nice napkins, include their favorite nosh. A cool vintage picnic basket is nice too. just be sure to include the corkscrew/bottle opener and the utensils!

Outdated? No way. Picnics are awesome. My boy and I go every once in a while. It's so relaxing and fun being in each others' company. One thing I do hate about picnics, though, is packing the food. I struggle choosing what food to bring along! :/

I go on picnics all the time mainly in the early spring and fall because it's way to hot to in the summer here. I either go with my DH or with my sisters, its so much fun to hang out outside and enjoy the weather and great conversation too!

Definately not, there's a romance about them that i love, and even if it's a family one there's such a fun, laid back feel to them that makes you want to stay there forever.
Clearly you have to have had a nice setting !

My family and I always used to go swimming at an outdoor pool and finish up with a picnic in the park nearby-I miss those days!

DBF and I live right across the street from a very large park-we picked up a picnic set from a cafe one day, put a couple of beach blankets down, and had a picnic. It was so nice! Now that we have our dog, I hope to do this more in the summer.