Picking up my new kitten tomorrow at 5 pm!

It is fun watching them grow. I have had my kitten for almost four weeks and I can't believe how much she has grown. I just want her to stay a tiny little kitten forever!! She is just now coming into her voice and is starting to really "meow", it used to be a very silent "meow". :smile:

I can't wait to see more pics of Muffin.

:yes: same here! i'm sure it's been said to death but it's true. she's absolutely adorable!

the pics with your mum playing boxing with her?

too cute!

Again, thank you all for your wonderful advice.

Madamefifi, Muffin is only 9 weeks old. I didn't realize until after I took her home, and I did some internet research to see how to get her to be calm, that people recommend kittens shouldn't be taken home until 12 :sad: I really wish my seller had mentioned this. I guess I will take it slowly w/ her :smile:

I don't know if it is anxiety, but last night Muffin had a really bad tummyache, and I have been cleaning up the results all morning. Poor kitty. Here is a pic of Muffin post-tummyache. As you can see she is worn out from her rough night. Does anyone have advice on this? I'm puzzled, as I've only ever fed her kitten food.

Have you taken Muffin to the vet for her first check up since you took her home? I know some breeders are good with initial kitten care, but she does need to get her vaccine boosters as well as deworming, preventitive care, etc., etc, at least she is 6 months old and then yearly or bi-annually. Kittens need much attention and medical visits just like a child. Please don't avoid just because vet bills are expensive:P. Especially if you got her before she was 16 weeks old. She probably only had her initial vaccine and deworming IF ANY. If not, she should start soon. No matter how careful breeder say, it is very common for kittens to have parasites. And if the breeder said she has been dewormed, deworming medicines are not universal to all parasites commonly found in kittens. And depending on the parasite, we deworm more than once. Also, I hope she was FeLV/FIV tested, too.
Is she having diarrhea or soft stools? Is she vomitting? Lots of things can cause runny stools in kittens. If she is vomitting often, that is really a concern that you should seek medical help. I recommend going to the vet if diarrhea continues because they can get dehydrated very easily.
In the meantime, you could give her Pedialyte, feed her highly digestable food. Kitten food should be fine, just don't change brands too much in short period of time. How is her appetite?
As for age, most kittens do okay being weaned off at 8 weeks old. I really don't think you need to be that concerned about the age now unless she is 4 weeks old... I am sure you are doing everything you can to be a great mom for Muffin:heart:.
Let me know if I can help any further.

thanks so much Tiramisu, you are so sweet! **sending you mental karma** :biggrin:

I have made an appointment w/ the clinic and groomers, Muffin is also doing much better now and is bright-eyed again. Her appetite is really good, too :smile:

It's a gray striped Siberian. I'm thinking about naming her Muffin or Chloe... So excited! :yahoo: I just need to get a cat carrier before I leave tomorrow (It is a 1 1/2 hour drive to the seller's house)

Does anyone have a Siberian? Or advice in general for new cats?

I've bought a cat "tree", a litter box, food/dishes and toys. It was kind of overwhelming at the pet store- I didn't know that there were so many vitamins and supplements, from stuff for joint pain to hairball remedies. Should I be concerned about hairballs? :sweatdrop:
Louis is a Turkish Angora, and he gets hairballs. (He hasn't had them as much since we feed him Iams Hairball Care - That's an adult cat food, though.)

They say to brush a longhaired cat. I don't. Well, not to groom him, anyway. I'll brush him so he won't shed all over the house. (He's an indoor cat. His vet was amazed how clean he keeps his fur.)

This might help:
Iams Cat New Owner

mahh.... such a precious cat! i have the Golden chinchilla persian but it's away from home now.it's with my aunt at the moment. i'll take the picture of it wen it's back to my arms.:crybaby: