Picking A Pewter...

ponypie

bal epoque
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
gals or guys who have seen them

what's the difference between the 04 and 05 pewters? is there a discernible difference?

and do u think a pewter is worth getting? i am always afraid of the effect of rubbing in the metallics

^lovely64, she's asking about pewter the leather color, and not pewter the hardware.:yes:

ponypie, the 04 pewter has an antiqued, matte pewter hardware and the 05 pewter has a shiny silver, almost stainless steel like hardware.

If you do a search, you'll find lovelygarments' side by side pics of 04 and 05 pewter Firsts. good luck!

gals or guys who have seen them

and do u think a pewter is worth getting? i am always afraid of the effect of rubbing in the metallics

Definitely worth getting IMHO, I adore my '04 First. My bag doesn't show any rubbing yet but honestly the day it does I really won't mind, it will just make it look edgy. I'll just wear it with jeans and casual stuff when it reaches that point.

hi everyone thanks for your responses!

yes sorry sorry i meant leather, not hardware :shame:

deco, thanks for the tip! i'll check out lovelygarments' comparison pix

hmwe, glad u cleared up that it IS neutral! i was wondering if it wld work for day AND night

earth, ah so 04 DOES have a pinkish hue, i wasn't seeing things!! i thought that was truly mysterious and gorgeous :heart:

mj, looks like it'll be 04! there's one avail right now but it's US-only shipping sigh