Picked up my 2nd MJ tonight, rop

yes same, stitching always makes or breaks it when i see a bag, thats way i tend to not buy coach bags because of the contrasting stitching. i agree with jill, it is very cute with the white stitching, if that is your style. personally its not, i like the black on black idea better, but can you hold onto this for a while and then sell it for more? that way you can fund the blake in the stitching that you like the most? with bags like that if i dont completely love it then its not for me, but if you think you can over look it then more power to you and congrats on the new bag at a great deal!! thats what i call a smart shopper!

Virgo,

I understand your hestitation, I was not too fond of such obvious contrast stitching as well (white on black) in the past at least. However, I was surprised that I find this combo quite stand-out (can't come up with the right word to use right now) after seeing this season's Black Blake -- the dark grey stitching just blends in with the bag. I have grown to appreciate white on black now, all these different Blakes are unique and different in their own ways. How is the leather texture on this bag? If it's nice, give it some time. Maybe you will grow to like it like I do? LOL.

A Nordstrom SA once told me (after I complained about the contrast stitching) that a Blake is not a Blake if the stitching doesn't show off on the bag.

BTW, I strong believe the site (with Blake pictures) sells fakes, please don't order from them (in case you didn't know). I just saw a Prada Tote (been eyeing it at my NM) at the bottom of the page for $150, don't we wish the real ones are so cheap? =)

Virgo said:
The only reason I am hestitate to keep it is the white stitching.....what do you think of the white stitching on the black Blake?

bag.lover said:
Virgo,

I understand your hestitation, I was not too fond of such obvious contrast stitching as well (white on black) in the past at least. However, I was surprised that I find this combo quite stand-out (can't come up with the right word to use right now) after seeing this season's Black Blake -- the dark grey stitching just blends in with the bag. I have grown to appreciate white on black now, all these different Blakes are unique and different in their own ways. How is the leather texture on this bag? If it's nice, give it some time. Maybe you will grow to like it like I do? LOL.

A Nordstrom SA once told me (after I complained about the contrast stitching) that a Blake is not a Blake if the stitching doesn't show off on the bag.

BTW, I strong believe the site (with Blake pictures) sells fakes, please don't order from them (in case you didn't know). I just saw a Prada Tote (been eyeing it at my NM) at the bottom of the page for $150, don't we wish the real ones are so cheap? =)

Actually in the pictures I've seen on the black Blake with the non-contrast stitching I don't think it stands out as much as the one with white stitching. I tend not to like black bags cuz they blend in too much (for my tastes), however the white stitching and silver hardware makes it pop more.

I just know a lot of people don't like the contrast and was worried it will look dated.

The texture on the bag is good. There was actually a small scratch and the SA used a leather conditioner and it looked perfect again.

I wasn't sure if the ebay auction I posted was real or not since that bag does look a little different from mine. Thanks for saying that cuz I wouldn't want anyone purchasing a fake!!

I will hopefully be able to download pictures soon and post it.

The contrast stitching on that bag doesn't bug me at all. My cousin bought a bag from the new fall line and the contrast stitching made the bag. It was just the right touch.

Virgo,

Have you seen last season's Blake (white stitching and gold hardware), I think you might like it; I hardly see this combination as well, I'm not sure if it's on sale now at NM or not. If you still don't like yours after a while, return it. It'll be a while before we'll get to see more MJ bags with silver hardware (if MJ does bring it back).

I bought a White Blake not long ago, but returned it because the stitching was dark brown (if i remember correctly). The leather and color were so nice that I went back to get it the next day but it's sold. I later bought a Linen (off-white) Brake, I'm very happy with its grey stitching & blue suede lining. White leather looks nicer though, maybe, it had to do with us liking what we couldn't have. =)

Virgo said:
The texture on the bag is good. There was actually a small scratch and the SA used a leather conditioner and it looked perfect again.

I will hopefully be able to download pictures soon and post it.

I like the contrast stitching. I have a black "new Stella" (with brushed nickle pushlocks) from a few years ago that has light colored stitching (the stitching matches the interior, which is a pale yellow/green color) and I think it looks sharp.