Pick one...Speedy 30 DE or DE Neverfull mm...??

Jan 24, 2012
I have both and love both equally. It really comes down to what you're planning to use it for. The neverfull is very practical, but my speedy is more "pretty" and fashionable imo. The neverfull is my throw around bag that I use for work, shopping, etc. I use my speedy when I'm going out or running quick errands where I don't have to worry about being hands free. I know a lot of people think the hands free problem is solved by the speedy B, but I personally don't like the look of speedy B.

img

Life is short. Buy the bag.
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Speedy is the quintessential LV. I especially love it in the DE pattern. I have both 25 and 30 and prefer the 25 size. It's a terrific all weather bag. I prefer hand held bags. I own a mon mono Neverfull MM and I view the Neverfull style as strictly a casual bag. I don't really love it honestly. I used to own a DE Neverfull but the handles cracked so I got the mon mono instead.

Kylie M

Apr 9, 2015
I'm a speedy girl.... I have 25 mono and 30 azur. I love the look and style. You can put so much inside. I prefer the 25.

So, my vote is for the speedy!! I'm not into the NF because I like a zippy on bags. Good luck!!

Kylie M

Apr 9, 2015
I have both and love both equally. It really comes down to what you're planning to use it for. The neverfull is very practical, but my speedy is more "pretty" and fashionable imo. The neverfull is my throw around bag that I use for work, shopping, etc. I use my speedy when I'm going out or running quick errands where I don't have to worry about being hands free. I know a lot of people think the hands free problem is solved by the speedy B, but I personally don't like the look of speedy B.

+1 I couldn't agree more!!

MokeyLV

Mar 6, 2013
I love both but prefer shoulder bags so I have the Speedy B instead. I also prefer the 25 as the 30 seems huge to me after having got the 25. The NF is a great easy tote and so beautiful in DE. I think you have to decide if you want hand carry or shoulder tote bag. If you want both, get the bandouliere!

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
If you don't already own a Classic Speedy, I'd definitely choose the Speedy. The DE is my favorite print, and Speedy is so chic and elegant in this pattern. I had the 30, but now have the 25 and find it a much better size for a handbag. it can easily be dressed up or down in this size. As for the Neverfull, it's a tote vs a purse. It really depends on your needs and personal preference.

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
I agree with what others have said about neverfull being a more casual, throw around bag. I got it last year (in DE) with the sole purpose of it being my work bag and also having in mind that it would be a good baby bag one day when the time came. The speedy is more versatile in that it can be dressed up (some what, more "smart casual") or dressed down and still look very chic. I too much prefer the 25 size compared to the 30 but that's entirely personal preference and what you need to carry. I have 25 in Azur which I don't use much because it's only top handle and the handles are a bit grubby but my next purchase will be the bandouliere version in DE and I have a feeling it will be used much more than my neverfull.

louisisluv

Mar 2, 2015
Fantastic input guys...thanks so much!!:smile:
I agree that the Speedy looks incredibly chic in DE(i already have the mono).I would love a shoulder carry option on the Speedy but.Speedy B just does not appeal to me ,somehow.
And the Neverfull is gorgeous in DE but honestly, my mono neverfull straps never fail to be painful!!
I seriously think LV needs to put out some new DE shoulder bags!!

LakeLake

Feb 18, 2015

[emoji121]🏻️ this sums up my thoughts on the two bags exactly (though I have Speedy 25 in Mono). I love my NF, specifically chose DE because Mono stood out so much in that bag. It's the perfect "throw and go" bag, Speedy is not my everyday handbag. (I also solved the hands-free issue by buying a separate strap. Though DE bandouliere with the dark leather is really beautiful).

Biggest thing I could ever suggest (and I work in retail, I tell my customers this a dozen times a day): Think about where you want to use this item. Don't buy something for the sake of having it, or because you think you need a tote or you think you need a hand-held purse. If you don't have that silhouette already, there may be a good reason.