Piano?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anyone play? I am soo interested in learning to play that I just bought myself one :yahoo:...

2. Big Congrats! I haven't played in about 10 years. I had to sell my piano when I moved. Hope you get good use of it. I miss mine, BIG time.

3. Congrats mrsklem14, I hope you do learn to play. Unfortunately I don't know how to play the piano and would, like you, like to learn to play but my DH won't allow me to get a piano. Maybe now that my son is leaving home I can use his old room for a piano...hmm now there's a thought.

4. I do! I only got lessons for 3 years but have continued playing because I love it so much :heart: When my family moved into our new home (I was 15), I got to keep our piano - in my room! :smile:

You will absolutely love playing!

5. I play! Started lessons at 4!
    DH bought me a black grand piano for our 1st anniversary, it's the most beautiful thing in my home!

6. My mom is a classically trained pianist -- she went to Oberlin and Juilliard. So I started playing at around 5-6 years old. But ... in our tiny place in SF, there is no room for a piano. Someday I hope to play more often again. At one point I'll be inheriting my mom's 1925 ebony Steinway grand, which I know I will cherish. But hopefully she will be around for a long time before I inherit it!

Are you going to take lessons with a teacher?

7. I've played since I was 6......24 years now, so you do the math :P. It is my stress relief, my first love, my sanity-saver some days. Can you tell I am very passionate about my piano?!

8. Haha that's hilarious but soo amazing that you've been playing that long. I want to sort of teach myself... I know, sounds crazy but if I start slow I'm thinking I'll learn the harder stuff...right? I am so excited though, I'm 18 and I was doubting it a little bit b/c I thought it may be a little too old to start but then I thought what the heck! I'm not even 20 yet lol. It's actually like a key board piano and it's so cute it's portable too.

Thank you all !!! xoxo

9. it's like reading. . . it's never too late

10. your soo right! I love that

11. I used to play when I was younger but quit. I feel so bad for my parents now that I am an adult. I played for years on a keyboard at home, w/ the only real piano at church or my teacher's house and when they finally bought me a piano for our house, I decided to quit. I have no idea why I did that, but still feel bad!

12. #12 Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
    Edit:
    Congrats! Very exciting!
    It's never too late to learn. Do you have a teacher yet? Can you read music? Is there a certain genre that you're interested in, i.e. classical, jazz, pop? You are going to have a great time!

13. Used to play, no room for a piano in our little house, and my mom won't give me the piano anyway. She likes the way it looks in her house :P When we get a bigger house, I'll buy another one.

I played the violin too, and I was better at that than the piano, but I liked the piano more. My teacher used to say it's because you can accompany yourself on the piano, makes it more interesting.

14. I used to play, and still have a full sized, weighted keyboard at home so I can dabble. I'd have to really commit to practicing to get up to the level I used to be at, unfortunately. I was 16 when I passed the Canadian Royal Conservatory grade 10 exam, and it's been a very long time since then!

15. about a year after i bought my house my parents brought down my piano to me :smile: actually it was being stored at one of my relative's house because my parents moved out of state and didn't want to take it with them.

i took lessons from 4th grade up until 11th grade... i wasn't real serious about it.. my teacher was great. I did all the events... like learning a song and being 'judged' on it..

i'll pick at my piano every once in awhile... but i love that it's just in my house