piaffe

piaffe

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
OK ladies, it's taken me a while to organize a photo shoot for my handbag collection... so here they are!

First up: my vintage 35cm Rouge H Kelly. This bag is from the 50s, and I'm told that it was once peed on by one of the Queen Mum's beloved corgis! (The original owner apparently went to school with the Queen Mum, and would on occasion be picked up by the Royal livery to attend a garden party - where the incident is said to have occurred...)

Attachments

• kelly1.jpg
    kelly1.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 128
  • kelly3.jpg
    kelly3.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 115
...there are more!

ok - this is a 32 cm Haut a Courrois from 1984 (first year they made the Birkin). Vache naturelle. A real beauty - the patina on this makes it glow. I took a few photos. Purchased this privately from an Arabian horse breeder who used to run with Anne Getty (so I'm told! - honestly, the stories are half the fun with vintage bags!)

Attachments

• vache2.jpg
    vache2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 120
  • vachenaturelle.jpg
    vachenaturelle.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 114
This is a 1999 35 cm Birkin in barenia. I love this leather - yes, it scratches, but the scuffs seems to rub out with natural oils in your hand (or something like that). Again, there is a warmth, a patina, that photos don't quite capture. Love this one!

Attachments

• barenia1.jpg
    barenia1.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 117
  • barenia2.jpg
    barenia2.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 96
Hopefully this week I'll get around to taking pictures of some of my old favourites - first designer bags (that would be 1999 and 2000 - the summers of Isabella Fiore and Kate Spade! *sigh*).