PHW vs SHW

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a nicer way to point these things out - maybe you could share a link?
It's a fair point, but Bagidiotic was responding to a poster who does not seem to have bothered to do much general reading of threads on this forum to develop her or his interest, going from one question to another about topics that are well covered and easy to find.

Reactions: BBC
Understanding you want to research a bag for your wife, there is a ton of information in this forum - there's a search bar at top right that can be very helpful.

You missed the point.
If the appropriate link is given every time a seemingly lazy poster repeatedly asks a question about a topic that could easily be found if they familiarised themselves with the site they will have no incentive to used the search option and develop a wider understanding for themselves.
Surely you want to encourage regular forum enthusiasts rather than here today gone tomorrow users. Just look at the members who liked Bagidiotic's post. I know she and I had a spat a few years ago but she is a good supporter of this forum and gives a lot of well-informed and helpful advice, together with appreciation of other members finds.

Reactions: BBC and Angelian
This. Instead of frustratingly stomping on the OP for the inquiry, drop a link instead. The tone is otherwise unwelcoming and that's really not the vibe we're about on TPF. :flowers:
Unbelievable and lost for words esp from you
Back to topic since you welcome such discussion
Smile and flowers

Please answer the question only if you want to. It is not compulsory to comment on every thread. Please don't put off members from posting or starting threads by being so obtrusive, we're here to help each other and have fun.

If you can point to helpful ref threads that would be great. If there is a duplicate thread just report and providetthe link, TY

I understand that these repeated inquiries get tiring, but approaching them by venting your frustrations only paints the community as a whole in an unwelcoming light. I believe strongly that we don't want to come off that way.

I urge you to please just skip over it instead. Or, as papertiger noted, drop a link to an existing thread in the report and we'll merge it on our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.