Photos of your WHITE gold Cartier pieces

Jan 29, 2010
I am looking at purchasing a white gold plain love bracelet and was wondering whether it will stay white gold forever ?
I'm just worried it will turn yellow like some white gold does.
Does anyone have any white gold Cartier pieces they can share photos of ?

Reactions: Namwan- and lxrac
I am looking at purchasing a white gold plain love bracelet and was wondering whether it will stay white gold forever ?
I'm just worried it will turn yellow like some white gold does.
Does anyone have any white gold Cartier pieces they can share photos of ?
I hope you get some responses. I’m looking to get either a small white gold or regular White gold Love bracelet as well.

Reactions: xblackxstarx
I have a small white Love I can share, but it has diamonds so from what I understand is it’s different than the white gold without diamonds.

View attachment 5577293

View attachment 5577294

It's so beautiful ! When they first came out I didn't like the small versions but seeing them in stacks they are so pretty and perfect for stacking. I love how white yours is too. The small love has really grown on me alot

If a white gold piece has diamonds, Cartier usually rhodium plates it. It gives it that very bright, almost luminescent white look.

If a white gold piece has no diamonds (or other precious stones), they will not rhodium plate it and it will be the true color of the white gold. (which is usually a warmer tone).

I have a WG plain JUC ring and my husband has the WG plain love ring. I'll take photos when I get back home so you can see how they've worn so far. I'll also compare it with my platinum ring for color (though the platinum is not from Cartier, but from Tiffany).

It's so beautiful ! When they first came out I didn't like the small versions but seeing them in stacks they are so pretty and perfect for stacking. I love how white yours is too. The small love has really grown on me alot
Thanks! I love the smalls for stacking, or alone; I know it's an unpopular opinion lol

Here's my WG. I got it many moons ago when size 15 wasn't readily available and paid the 30% upcharge to have it made. I've never taken it off, except to get polished a handful of times and throughout the years, I think it's taken on a warmer, stainless steel looking sheen...

stack.jpeg

Here’s my WG Cartier JUC, looks great on its own, you probably couldn’t really tell it’s not rhodium plated.
EFD60C2D-F63C-4CC4-9A32-70DBD5F67F26.jpeg

Now here’s a comparison from left to right, platinum, WG that’s had the rhodium plating worn down, and then my JUC ring.

3CB31023-2232-4EB1-9653-DA23AAC3F6FD.jpeg

And now here’s my husband’s love ring compared with a brand new rhodium plated WG Tiffany.

7B735D71-B743-4A41-8113-4D7FE0D4B472.jpeg

Hope that helps! I honestly prefer WG that’s not rhodium plated. :smile:

It's beautiful! This is what I wanted for it to still look distinctly not yellow gold i already have yellow gold and I heard that rose gold fades to look yellow so I was worried white might do the same . Does it still shine like gold does in the sunlight ? I don't mind if it looks not so white and looks grey / stainless steel like

Here's my WG. I got it many moons ago when size 15 wasn't readily available and paid the 30% upcharge to have it made. I've never taken it off, except to get polished a handful of times and throughout the years, I think it's taken on a warmer, stainless steel looking sheen...

View attachment 5577645

Oh yes its a beautiful colour to me i love the way it looks ! Thank you so much for sharing photos

Here’s my WG Cartier JUC, looks great on its own, you probably couldn’t really tell it’s not rhodium plated.
View attachment 5577903

Now here’s a comparison from left to right, platinum, WG that’s had the rhodium plating worn down, and then my JUC ring.

View attachment 5577905

And now here’s my husband’s love ring compared with a brand new rhodium plated WG Tiffany.

View attachment 5577907

Hope that helps! I honestly prefer WG that’s not rhodium plated. :smile:

Reactions: lill_canele
It's beautiful! This is what I wanted for it to still look distinctly not yellow gold i already have yellow gold and I heard that rose gold fades to look yellow so I was worried white might do the same . Does it still shine like gold does in the sunlight ? I don't mind if it looks not so white and looks grey / stainless steel like
Took a quick photo for you in sunlight. :smile:

20220730_0755162.jpeg

I have heard the same thing regarding RG fading to YG over time. I've had my RG small Love for roughly five years now and as far as I can tell, it hasn't faded all that much. I'm wearing all three metals here...YG, RG and WG and you can distinctly tell the difference between my small YG JUC and small RG Love...

20220730_0809221.jpeg

Here are mine. They are still very new so not as helpful in terms of showing you wear to plating, but I also worried about plating wearing off. The more I thought about it, the less it seemed to matter. I wear white metals pretty much exclusively, and I figure I will deal with the plating issue if and when it comes up, and if it bothers me when it does. I tried on an unplated Ecrou (second photo below) and actually quite liked it, so it may not be a huge issue.

5952083D-0707-4879-9F5C-9FFB7D6D8528.jpeg
This is my Ecrou (rhodium plated) with my JUC (also rhodium plated as it has diamonds).

5E0FDB14-BE7B-4698-ABFD-0846710102F0.jpeg
If it is helpful to you, this is the Ecrou that I tried in store. It is not rhodium plated. There is definitely a color difference. I don’t dislike it at all (I actually kind of like it and seriously thought about getting it), but decided to order a plated one so I would start with all my pieces matching and they could wear evenly.

I can clearly see which is rose gold and it doesn't look faded at all to me. If it stays that colour id be more than very pleased as i love rose gold.
All 3 of your bracelets are stunning
Thank you so much for sharing ! I have always loved the idea of a white gold love bracelet and a white gold juc . But i also love the diamond rose gold juc . And also the plain yg juc

Took a quick photo for you in sunlight. :smile:

View attachment 5578902

I have heard the same thing regarding RG fading to YG over time. I've had my RG small Love for roughly five years now and as far as I can tell, it hasn't faded all that much. I'm wearing all three metals here...YG, RG and WG and you can distinctly tell the difference between my small YG JUC and small RG Love...

View attachment 5578904

Reactions: Souzie