Photos of your less than perfect vintage Hermès and share experiences

Thank you for your candor! If I can get it for $6500, it wouldn’t be worth it?
I wouldn't pay $5K for this bag. You'll incur thousands in repairs, and end up spending $8-9K or more, for which you can probably find a B35 - not perfect, but not with actual holes. Also this leather (IMO) does not refurbish all that well. Sorry! :flowers:

Thank you for the information! Super helpful. What kinds of leather do refurbish well?
This bag you posted looks like Courchevel. I don't find that Courchevel and Epsom do well. Box refurbishes beautifully but will never be perfect (will show scratches and marks, part of the charm). Togo and Clemence do really well. Chèvre, although I love it, is not as robust IMO. Swift/Gulliver actually does well but never gets its structure back. I hear Ardennes does well but have no experience with it. Barenia is the best (again JMHO) - refurbishes amazingly and looks better used than new - but you have to love a saddle leather look.

This is my K28 in Veau Chamonix leather, year 1979 I circle, color Natural. I got her back in 2020 for $3300 from an eBay auction, seller in Japan. They restored it before selling it to me. For as old as she is, she is in great condition. View attachment 5577036View attachment 5577033
Wow, so beautiful! That’s amazing. I’m glad they were able to restore her to such great shape

Reactions: BowieFan1971
Firstly congratulations on your beautiful bag!
I would get it authenticated by @bababebi and then go back to the boutique and ask them to send to spa.
As long as the bag is authentic they can't actually refuse to send it away.
I actually don't think it looks in too bad a shape at all.
The one other thing I would advise is to be sure that the bag hasn't had any retouching done outside of Hermes because if it has you could find a lengthy wait while its sent to spa only to then be told they cant work on it for that reason.
Thank you so much for the advice! I went to Paris last week and took my Kelly to the boutique where I got some advice about retouching, replacing the hardware and current prices for the spa. He also said he didn’t think any retouching had been done already and he told me that the bag is from the 1953-1970 era. They confirmed it will probably be gone for 6 months, since the atelier is still very busy.

Hi all! I will apologize if this is the incorrect thread for my post but I have a question about a vintage Kelly. I have been on the hunt for an older Kelly for a little while. Ann's Fabulous Finds has a 1966 Box Kelly listed (and it has been there for awhile now.) I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on price/condition/prior spa work? I don't mind pre-loved bags and actually prefer they have some history and charm.

Thanks for any input!

Hi all! I will apologize if this is the incorrect thread for my post but I have a question about a vintage Kelly. I have been on the hunt for an older Kelly for a little while. Ann's Fabulous Finds has a 1966 Box Kelly listed (and it has been there for awhile now.) I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on price/condition/prior spa work? I don't mind pre-loved bags and actually prefer they have some history and charm.

Thanks for any input!

That’s really up to you if you think the given issues are worth the money. We all have a different level of tolerance. It has a few issues that wouldn’t work for me but I’m probably fussier than most. The letter V is for 1992.