Photos of your less than perfect vintage Hermès and share experiences

Hello everyone, I got my hands on a white Kelly 28 with a stamp Z, so from the 1970s. She needs some TLC, so I brought her to the Hermes store to let her go to the spa. The SA looked at it and made very unfriendly comments about it being in a rough shape, asking me where I got it from and if I had receipts. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I returned home, my festive mood about this beauty being long gone . I’m not sure on what to do with it. Go back and push a little more to get it to spa? Or get it to a different spa?
I wasn't there, so cannot comment on the SA tone of voice, but she/he may have wanted to make sure you knew it was an authentic Hermes bag, as if they DID take it, and it isn't, you will NOT get it back. They may may been a bit rough, but looking to protect you.
If you're up for it, I would either bring it back with the authentication ( from BB if possible) so there is no mistake, or even better, if you are located near a spa, bring it yourself to the spa. Craftsman LOVE working on older bags and appreciate that someone also loves and appreciates them. Once you bring it to other than H, that ship has sailed, and you cannot bring it for even a small repair later on.
It's a lovely bag and whatever you do, enjoy it. It's a total summer bag and now's the time! :tup:

Hello everyone, I got my hands on a white Kelly 28 with a stamp Z, so from the 1970s. She needs some TLC, so I brought her to the Hermes store to let her go to the spa. The SA looked at it and made very unfriendly comments about it being in a rough shape, asking me where I got it from and if I had receipts. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I returned home, my festive mood about this beauty being long gone . I’m not sure on what to do with it. Go back and push a little more to get it to spa? Or get it to a different spa?
Firstly congratulations on your beautiful bag!
I would get it authenticated by @bababebi and then go back to the boutique and ask them to send to spa.
As long as the bag is authentic they can't actually refuse to send it away.
I actually don't think it looks in too bad a shape at all.
The one other thing I would advise is to be sure that the bag hasn't had any retouching done outside of Hermes because if it has you could find a lengthy wait while its sent to spa only to then be told they cant work on it for that reason.

This thread is to share experiences.

The thread below is for posting pics.:

If the posts get mixed up I will merge.

• Thanks
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I've only recently started getting into Hermes but true to form (I started my handbag journey with vintage Coach, learning to rehab and restore), I'm super interested in the vintage pieces and leathers of such a heritage brand. I haven't seen any recent threads on the general topic, so I was hoping those of you with vintage pieces would be willing to share :flowers:

What items do you have, and from what time period? How have you found the leather to wear and age? Pictures? Yes please!
Hi everyone! New here and I’m thinking about buying my first vintage Birkin 35. There are a few areas that need repair (pls see pics). Do you all think this is repairable/ a good deal?

9783C986-5364-41D4-A0AB-DC2D013D1A8E.jpeg

239E6BCD-C8A7-4B98-B7C2-9DAA214EC68F.jpeg

8DFCA967-55ED-4894-AA55-DF420806BE71.jpeg

5AEDD666-63CD-46E4-9982-17EF6F86A892.jpeg

02A1AD9E-17C6-4179-B883-0A2F7635825C.jpeg

BDC4D5C8-9EC1-4B36-B380-15735A333EAF.jpeg

Hi everyone! New here and I’m thinking about buying my first vintage Birkin 35. There are a few areas that need repair (pls see pics). Do you all think this is repairable/ a good deal?

View attachment 5576795

View attachment 5576796

View attachment 5576797

View attachment 5576798

View attachment 5576799

View attachment 5576800
This is just my opinion, but having spent money on a bag with some major cracking issues, then having spent money on repairs, I really wouldn't purchase this. The side panels look like they may need to be replaced, I'm not sure that Hermes would routinely do this and it would be very expensive if they will. You could get it repaired perhaps by a third party but then if you ever need H to replace something (hardware for instance) they won't do it. The holes in the corner and the top of the side panel (not the colour loss, the bit to the right of it) would make me very wary. If it's an absolute bargain and you're happy to use as is then that's maybe a different story. But honestly if not I'd look at the price of the bag and the potential repair prices and then see what else could be found for around the same or maybe a little more. I found a YouTube video where Hermes did replace side panels, it's a couple of years old so prices may not be accurate now, hopefully the link will work! Sorry, I don't want to be all doom and gloom but I made that mistake with my first H bag :flowers:

This is just my opinion, but having spent money on a bag with some major cracking issues, then having spent money on repairs, I really wouldn't purchase this. The side panels look like they may need to be replaced, I'm not sure that Hermes would routinely do this and it would be very expensive if they will. You could get it repaired perhaps by a third party but then if you ever need H to replace something (hardware for instance) they won't do it. The holes in the corner and the top of the side panel (not the colour loss, the bit to the right of it) would make me very wary. If it's an absolute bargain and you're happy to use as is then that's maybe a different story. But honestly if not I'd look at the price of the bag and the potential repair prices and then see what else could be found for around the same or maybe a little more. I found a YouTube video where Hermes did replace side panels, it's a couple of years old so prices may not be accurate now, hopefully the link will work! Sorry, I don't want to be all doom and gloom but I made that mistake with my first H bag :flowers:

Nono, thank you so much!!! I’m completely new to this so I really value your honest opinion. How much do you think you’d pay for this?