Photos of your less than perfect vintage Hermès and share experiences

Below is some price information from Collector Square. It does not distinguish between size, condition, color or leather when giving these prices, so you'll have to extrapolate based on this data.

View attachment 5871651

And now, to keep this post on topic, here are some photos of my beautiful vintage boxcalf Pullman (black):
View attachment 5871654 View attachment 5871653
I had never seen this bag in person, but every time I saw photos of it, I just loved it. When I finally decided to buy this one from an online site, I was surprised how small it was. Nevertheless I love its shape, the frame with clasp, and its beautiful vintage look.
Very sweet! I love the shiny box leather! Enjoy!

• Thanks
Reactions: handbagparfait
Hello all. I have a vintage kelly 28 in beautful condition except that the handle has softened. It is in ardennes leather and they no longer have that leather. I've heard that they sometimes replace ardennes with togo which is going to look and feel different from the rest of the bag. Can they salvage the leather and just insert some new interior reinforcement? The leather on the handle is perfect. Just whatever cardboard or boning inside the handle is softened. Any info on pricing to do that if they can would also be helpful. Thank you!

Hello all. I have a vintage kelly 28 in beautful condition except that the handle has softened. It is in ardennes leather and they no longer have that leather. I've heard that they sometimes replace ardennes with togo which is going to look and feel different from the rest of the bag. Can they salvage the leather and just insert some new interior reinforcement? The leather on the handle is perfect. Just whatever cardboard or boning inside the handle is softened. Any info on pricing to do that if they can would also be helpful. Thank you!

I agree with RougeH. Take it to Hermes and get an artisan's opinion.
Hermes has quite a stock of discontinued skins; you might be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: cindy05 and Rouge H
Hi everyone!! I just got my hands on this Gold on Gold Courchevel Kelly 32 retourne and I could not be happier!!! I honestly thought I was going to get a Noir with GHW Kelly, but after many comparisons and holding both colours in my hands I ended up with the Gold..purely because I know it will suit my wardrobe more, and it really just had that special something. Perhaps I am changing and evolving to incorporating other neutrals other than black into my wardrobe. All I knew is that when I held her she was light, the leather was still soft and flexible, had her many "imperfections" which gives me the confidence that she wasn't repainted (according to the seller as well) and that I will wear her time and time again.

I am so grateful that my DH helped me to find this beauty in Tokyo, and after 16km of running around..we both knew she was it. So grateful that he is patient enough to go with my crazy antics.

Thanks for reading this little story, and I'm sure I will be styling this more in the future in other threads. xx
Oh, and adding another piece of eye candy I found when I was searching high and low for this piece ;)

Attachments

• 20231229_212559.jpg
    20231229_212559.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20231228_125614.jpg
    20231228_125614.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 66
Hi everyone!! I just got my hands on this Gold on Gold Courchevel Kelly 32 retourne and I could not be happier!!! I honestly thought I was going to get a Noir with GHW Kelly, but after many comparisons and holding both colours in my hands I ended up with the Gold..purely because I know it will suit my wardrobe more, and it really just had that special something. Perhaps I am changing and evolving to incorporating other neutrals other than black into my wardrobe. All I knew is that when I held her she was light, the leather was still soft and flexible, had her many "imperfections" which gives me the confidence that she wasn't repainted (according to the seller as well) and that I will wear her time and time again.

I am so grateful that my DH helped me to find this beauty in Tokyo, and after 16km of running around..we both knew she was it. So grateful that he is patient enough to go with my crazy antics.

Thanks for reading this little story, and I'm sure I will be styling this more in the future in other threads. xx
Oh, and adding another piece of eye candy I found when I was searching high and low for this piece ;)

Gorgeous, congrats!

• Love
Reactions: MrsMNS

Congrats! It is always fantastic to find something you love. Enjoy

• Love
Reactions: MrsMNS